Another One Gone - Take It Easy, Glenn

J.O.

I saw the Eagles play the Forum in Montreal in the late 70's. Hotel California tour. Between Glenn Frey, Don Felder & Joe Walsh, I lost track of the number of guitars on stage. Great show. Great band. Great guitar player and song writer. Another sad day in the music world.

If you ever watch the movie "Almost Famous", the guitar player Russel is supposed to be based on Glenn Frey and how he took a teenaged Cameron Crowe under his wing.

Cameron Crowe:

I saw Glenn Frey at a dinner party recently, and I realized that so much of Russell is Glenn. He was the coolest guy I had ever met in 1972. I was backstage at a concert interviewing everybody the Eagles, King Crimson, Ballin Jack, Chaka Khan. In the Eagles dressing room, everyones talking about Glenn the one guy who isnt there. Hes out looking for babes. Everyones like, The thing about Glenn, "Oh, one time Glenn and I And".. then, like a one-act play, Glenn appears. He walks in a little buzzed, hes got al long-neck Bud, and hes like, "How ya doing?" Just classic. That whole thing of "Tonight, friends tomorrow, the interview" was him. And theres one line he really did say to me: "Look, just make us look cool."

Archived