Bird Strike... Yikes!

Mitch Cronin

What makes you so certain it wasn't?

Initially, I didn't think the size of the carcass or the amount of damage done was consistent with the actual size of a Canada Goose. On closer examination I have to say I might be wrong - it may have been a Canada Goose. I have watched the video again (many times) in slow motion and now see that the actual carcass was much bigger than I first thought. The amount of damage still seems inconsistent however so I'll change my verdict from "no way" to "maybe".

Initially, I didn't think the size of the carcass or the amount of damage done was consistent with the actual size of a Canada Goose. On closer examination I have to say I might be wrong - it may have been a Canada Goose. I have watched the video again (many times) in slow motion and now see that the actual carcass was much bigger than I first thought. The amount of damage still seems inconsistent however so I'll change my verdict from "no way" to "maybe".

Man...you gotta get a life :Grin-Nod::biggrin1: !!!! Between the 'goose' and the Helo accident you are spending too much time analyzing :biggrin2::biggrin1::icon_butt:

Hey, this is a life! Haha. I just happen to have a few days off and the rest of the family is busy so I have the time to spend - watched the vids during commercial breaks in the CBC Olympic coverage so that's actually an effective use of time - multitasking.

Archived