"a New One"

;)

Mitch

You weren't around when Hollis drove the first wedge between the employee groups' date=' (about the time that a lot of CP people were wearing a button that said "Better Dead than Red")

There was a very small window where had people put aside their own greed and stepped up to do what would have been good for the whole one could argue that WestJet would have gone the way of Roots et al and CP would have been allowed to die a peaceful and respectful death and AC (A Canadian Company)would be a dominate player on the world stage. This is of course the world the way I see it but who knows it just might have been.

At any rate it means nothing to me any longer because I was not married to an AC pension so I was not willing to take the cuts made to management back in 2004 (you think the union cuts were bad you should have been where I was).

In the years to come I'm sure people will look back on this in much the same way they look at the Jetliner and Arrow "Just think of what might have been"

Just my thoughts, Brett [/quote']

Wellllllll...... actually I was "around". I was at that blue company you idly wish to a "respectful death".... Were you "around" when I got my 747 endorsement? Or were you still in school at the time? Were you an AC employee through the madness of the merger? I thought you were an Air Ontario guy? ...at least, you were later an AC Jazz guy, right? ....and when the magician waved his wand and "merged" you guys too, well after I was wearing AC clothing, you were suddenly senior to me..... remember? Your stint in management before you vamoosed was just enough to give you a hint of the chaos that reigns supreme within that organization, and it's all changed since then... (except the chaos, of course)

The one thing I've learned is constant in this business (aside from the obvious stuff about getting people safely where they're going) is that you can never count on a damned thing to be where you think it should be in the future. Not equipment, not tools, not parts, not aircraft, not people, and certainly not the business itself.

You're lamenting the "loss" of only one possible outcome, among zillions, that never occurred.... what fer? She's done laddie..... long ago done. What is now is the puzzle to put right.... if it can be done.

Drunk posting!!!!

Love it!!!

Glad you love it "xxx", but I'm going to have to disappoint you.... I hadn't had a drop.

Now, on the other hand..... :D > wanna have a go at me? .... go on, let 'er rip..... :D:D

I should be at a family gathering on dear old, sunny SSI, but I didn't feel I could do it.... so somehow that equates to me feeling like taking on all comers in this venue... you know, tough guy behind the keyboard syndrome? (Like the Cowardly Lion in Oz ; Lemme at 'im!, Lemme at'im!!)

;)

Wellllllll...... actually I was "around". I meant at the red team I was at that blue company you idly wish to a "respectful death"....Sorry you took offence to this but IMO the time for a successful merge was in 92 (I would have probably lost my job but it would have been the best for the industry) Were you "around" when I got my 747 endorsement? Not sure? Or were you still in school at the time? I didn't go to college until I was almost 27 years old and started as an apprentice in Feb 88 with ZX Were you an AC employee through the madness of the merger? Fortunately for me I was still an AirBC employee and our meger was a simple DOH affair it wasn't till we transferred to AC in 2002 that I got screwed over by an exCP union rep but that's another story I thought you were an Air Ontario guy? As great as a place as ONT may be for some I've never had the desire to live there (even when Ward Air offered me a job in 88)...at least, you were later an AC Jazz guy, right? ....and when the magician waved his wand and "merged" you guys too, well after I was wearing AC clothing, you were suddenly senior to me..... remember? Couldn't tell you? I never understood the above/below basic thing nor the east west lists? Your stint in management before you vamoosed was just enough to give you a hint of the chaos that reigns supreme within that organization, and it's all changed since then... (except the chaos, of course) What I saw in management was chaos for sure and the real problem was the lack of back bone to walk in and clean house of all the dead wood floating around, the 2 worst areas in 2002/2004 IMO where the EMC and YVR both places had the mantra "That's not the way we've always done it" and "It's not my job"

The one thing I've learned is constant in this business (aside from the obvious stuff about getting people safely where they're going) is that you can never count on a damned thing to be where you think it should be in the future. Not equipment, not tools, not parts, not aircraft, not people, and certainly not the business itself.

You're lamenting the "loss" of only one possible outcome, I was simply offering my opinion. I finally learnt that I'm allowed to have an opinion and I don't need to make anyone else wrong to justify my position, I'm OK if your opinion is different as it doesn't make mine wrong any more than my opinion makes yours wrong. among zillions, that never occurred.... what fer? She's done laddie..... long ago done. I know, and at 51 years old it has been a while since anyone called me laddie not sure I like it but I can live with it. What is now is the puzzle to put right.... if it can be done. I highly doubt it, the only way IMO is to enact the plan created in 2004 to shut it down and start over again... I hope that answers your questions and I hope you have a great day.

Archived