Air Canada Maintenance

conehead

The I.A.M.A.W. has reached a Tentative Agreement with Air Canada this morning. It is a 4 year deal, with improvements in wage and benefits for all. Awaiting more details....

You are not going to like it. Instead of being 18k behind West Jet you will now be 14k behind, oh wait we are now in 2012, so you just lost more ground

Any gain when your company is not making a profit is a bonus. I don't expect you will ever catch up with Westjet until AC turns the same type of profits. The big question remains "will that ever happen or will AC go under"?

At this point it is better to let it go under!

What did maintenance get Robert? Are the papers out?

Eric I do have the info but will allow the NC to release the info, which I believe will be later today

I see your posts in the main forum and feel your pain.

I have felt under appreciated at WJ for a long time, comparing myself to the pilot's payscale.

Are you sure you are 14K behind WJ AMEs? One of the problems in getting a true comparison is the long list of premiums and shift differentials and of course the pension. The WJ share purchase is only a good deal if you can afford to do without that 20% payday to payday.

Not throwing sand, just asking if all things are factored in. We just went through a renegotiation and felt we should have received more.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

I see your posts in the main forum and feel your pain.

I have felt under appreciated at WJ for a long time, comparing myself to the pilot's payscale.

Are you sure you are 14K behind WJ AMEs? One of the problems in getting a true comparison is the long list of premiums and shift differentials and of course the pension. The WJ share purchase is only a good deal if you can afford to do without that 20% payday to payday.

Not throwing sand, just asking if all things are factored in. We just went through a renegotiation and felt we should have received more.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

this new lat 5 position brings my wage to $35, if the management thinks I am worthy of the LAT5, they could decide strictly out of spite if I get it.

many people think the pension is worth a huge % when in reality it is about 5%, the license premium works out to 52 cents per hour with the exception that our first one is a free bee for the company.

Archived