Maintenance at Premier Aviation / YRQ-YQG-RME

HVYmaintKing

If you are promoting AME jobs, try the employment section at AVCANADA or aviation.ca. You might have better luck.

If you are really keen, rent a hall at the Days Inn at the end of Côte Vertu, set up a sign and your ad will reach all of the Air Canada maintenance employees who will be laid off on the 18th of February. Jazz is also doing maintenance layoffs due to the arrival of the Q400 (in the heavy bases) so some YUL personnel is likely to be available.

If you are promoting AME jobs, try the employment section at AVCANADA or aviation.ca. You might have better luck.

If you are really keen, rent a hall at the Days Inn at the end of Côte Vertu, set up a sign and your ad will reach all of the Air Canada maintenance employees who will be laid off on the 18th of February. Jazz is also doing maintenance layoffs due to the arrival of the Q400 (in the heavy bases) so some YUL personnel is likely to be available.

Why the lay-offs in Feb? and why would the Q400 result in maint lay-offs at Jazz? as for Premier all you have to do is talk to anyone who has ever worked there to know that it will never make the top 500 places to work. IMO

Why the lay-offs in Feb? and why would the Q400 result in maint lay-offs at Jazz? as for Premier all you have to do is talk to anyone who has ever worked there to know that it will never make the top 500 places to work. IMO

Morning Brett,

The split between AC and AVEOS is still in progress, employees are still moving between one employer and the other. In July, all maintenance employees got to choose who they wanted to work for with various options. Some opted for AC with no desire to work at the MRO, others retired from AC and went to the MRO, and few opted to directly go work for the Heavy Maintenance division. After the choice was made, seniority was applied and only X employees were kept at AC at each station. The rest, if they did not choose an option that allows them to go to AVEOS will end up on layoff status. You would be surprised as the new AC demographics. Needless to say, AC didn't rejuvenate itself with that split.

The contentious part with most employees was that at first, if you went for AVEOS, you lost recall rights to AC. That scared many away and from what I have heard since the MRO presently has an extremely poisoned work environment, most are simply opting for layoffs. Now some more options have been added to allow for laid off AC employees to go work for the MRO but the trust in the employer simply isn't there.

Next question...The Jazz group has been receiving Q400 aircraft and as such, heavy maintenance requirements are going down. Layoffs have been going on in the JAZZ heavy maintenance department. Being a company with seniority rules and a union, bumping is occurring and employees are being displaced to other stations.

For All mtce technicians...Employment at Premier...Several position available from DOM-DQA to learners tech in all trade!!! send your resume...

That post almost makes it appear as if the company was starting up. They need a DOM, a DQA and maintenance employees... Has their recently been an exodus from Premier Aviation?

I am not promoting at all...I was myself at ACTS for 2 years and will never go again there !!! what ever the new name...

Why are you so negative about smaller organization that never filed for bankrupty and making profit?

Premier doubled in size in the last year alone so requirement for a lot of new people in various position.

How you figure they can start a new location (Windsor) !!! if not with additional techs and management people

You advertised jobs at Premier Aviation. I supposed that you are trying to get people to go there. I proposed a solution for you to get more people to know about the place you are proposing. It isn't negativity...

As for the next comment, it is a question. I asked whether their had been a mass exodus from the company. Let's face it, when you are looking for a Director of Maintenance, a Director of Quality Assurance and employees, it sounds like you are trying to recruit for a start-up operation, not grow an existing company.

Archived