Posting photos ???

Kip Powick

Guys/Gals,

Please "downsize" your photos prior to posting. If not sure what size to go to, check out some of the already posted photos. (check their "properties" ).

Photos that are too large require the use of scroll bars to view them and the whole photo effect is lost when doing that procedure

Save bandwidth as well.

Thanks

I just know you're talking to me, but I don't know how to...

No, It is just not you...there were others but I see one member corrected his photos. The only way you can downsize is to have a photo editing or resizing program program.

Go here...free download and then play with it smile.gif

http://download.cnet.com/FastStone-Photo-Resizer/3000-2192_4-10319476.html

Bon Chance !!

I don't know of this applies to the Apple computer family, but if you are working with a Windows based computer, they all come with the program "Paint". It's usually in the accessories folder on the programs menu. Paint is a very simple tool that can't do most of the powerful editing functions of PhotoShop etc, but if all you want to do is shrink a large picture, the Image-Stretch/Skew function will do that quite nicely.

FWIW

You're right, she is. I ran it through Paint and reduced it further (down to 25% of the size you posted). It's now a 54 kb image rather than yours which was 953 kb. In Paint, click on Image - Attributes and it will give you the dimensions of the picture and the file size. Anything under 150 kb should be okay. The result of what I did to your picture is shown below.

Oh by the way, in the picture you use for your avatar, your dog looks like it just had one of those "got caught peeing on the carpet" moments. It's kinda cute but a little sad at the same time.

post-142-126702880237_thumb.jpg

Oh by the way, in the picture you use for your avatar, your dog looks like it just had one of those "got caught peeing on the carpet" moments. It's kinda cute but a little sad at the same time.

I have used conehead's avatar on another forum for about 3 years. The caption under the photo normally reads., "I'm sorry" or "I'm so embarassed".Grin-Nod.gifGrin-Nod.gif

I spent some time figuring out how to downsize my photos with "Paint", which works fine, but when I go to post the photo here it somehow grows back to it's original giant size. I give up for today, maybe I'll try again tomorrow. :Scratch-Head:

I spent some time figuring out how to downsize my photos with "Paint", which works fine, but when I go to post the photo here it somehow grows back to it's original giant size. I give up for today, maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Scratch-Head.gif

PAINT is a very basic program but can be used. Once you have the photo the size you want then go to the FILE menu andf select SAVE AS.... if you do not SAVE it, it will revert to what you had originally had.

SAVE the photo on your desktop as, for example, AEF 01 and then when you go to add it to a post, it is within easy access.

Personally I would use the download I initially posted..very easy to use. If you try that program and need any help , just drop me an email and I will send "screenshots of how you use it via email..include your email in a PM

Kip

Archived