For S. Harper fans..

Kip Powick

An old veteran approached the PMs residence from the park to 24 Sussex Drive, where he'd been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the Governors General Foot Guard who was standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with Prime Minister Chrétien."

The guard looked at the vet and said, "Sir, Mr. Chrétien is no longer Prime Minister and no longer resides here." The old vet said, "Okay," and walked away.

The following day, the same vet approached 24 Sussex and said to the same guard, "I would like to go in and meet with Prime Minister Chrétien."

The guard again told the vet, "Sir, Mr. Chrétien is no longer Prime Minister and no longer resides here." The vet thanked him and, again, just walked away.

The third day, the same vet approached 24 Sussex and spoke to the very same guard saying, "I would like to go in and meet with Prime Minister Chrétien."

The Foot Guard, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the vet and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row that you have been here asking to speak to Prime Minister Chrétien and I've already told you that Mr. Chrétien is no longer the Prime Minister and no longer resides here. Don't you understand?"

The old vet looked at the Foot Guard and said, "Oh, I understand all right. I just love hearing it."

The guard snapped to attention, saluted and said, "See you tomorrow, Sir!"

• 2 weeks later...
so you're going to take the word of an accused fraudster to bring down the Harper gov? Keep dreaming.

Considering we are talking politicians here, why couldn't one 'accused' fraudster bring down a whole group of 'actual' fraudsters? laugh.gif

Archived