To all the Mothers...

Happy Mother's Day!!

I hope you're having, or have had, a great, great day! ...and if you haven't yet heard from your teenage sons.... don't sweat it, they'll feel it more as they age. wink.gif

I already heard from my not-quite-a-teenager-anymore son bright and early this morning with an e-card, then a little later with a phone call, which I noted from the call display, he paid for himself. laugh.gif

My daughter, who usually calls first, and never forgets an occasion, called later this afternoon, with her sleepy voice, because she's working the late shift.

For those of you who have young ones, and can't wait for them to grow up, don't wish it away. This is only my second Mother's Day without seeing them, and it still takes a little getting used to. sad.gif

It helps though, that someone made me a nice romantic dinner, accompanied by a wonderful Australian sparkling wine. wink.gif

It helps though, that someone made me a nice romantic dinner, accompanied by a wonderful Australian sparkling wine.  wink.gif

So whaddya doin' talkin' to us? ...ya soppy goose! Now's not the time to be on the computer! tongue.gif

So whaddya doin' talkin' to us? ...ya soppy goose! Now's not the time to be on the computer! 

Look who's talking! Are you sitting in front of the computer while the mother of your children is cleaning up the kitchen on her special day? tongue.giflaugh.gif

Look who's talking! Are you sitting in front of the computer while the mother of your children is cleaning up the kitchen on her special day? tongue.giflaugh.gif

biggrin.gif ....No, she's watching movies with the young'uns.

I was thinking... that thought "for those who may not have heard yet from your teenaged sons...." I guess I don't know how common that might be?... Having left home at the age of 14, I know there were a couple mother's days that passed without me noticing at all... sad.gif .... Later my mother would say she knew I loved her and it didn't matter.... (and I guess hearing from 4 of her 5 sons might have been some consolation?)... but as I got older, I never missed it.

Mom's are pretty special, aren't they. wub.gif

"Sparkling" Australian wine...PSHAWWWW!!! An Australian Shiraz is the answer!!!!

Seaview Brut... in blind taste tests, most people couldn't tell the difference between it and some of the more well known French Champagnes, which I absolutely adore, and it's about a quarter of the price. wink.gif

Having left home at the age of 14, I know there were a couple mother's days that passed without me noticing at all

Leaving home at 14 might be a factor, it's pretty early, but I do think that in general male brains aren't programmed to remember this kind of stuff, and if it weren't for the bombardment of promotions in stores, on tv and on the internet, most men would forget at least once. The real proof of my theory would be how many guys have forgotten their anniversaries. wink.gif

The real proof of my theory would be how many guys have forgotten their anniversaries. wink.gif

No no no no... That's different. First, some men want to forget their anniversaries... ohmy.gif also, unlike a wedding anniversary, Mother's Day reminders are plentiful... on radio, tv, newspapers... You probably have to be something a little different to miss it. huh.gif

wink.gif

also, unlike a wedding anniversary, Mother's Day reminders are plentiful... on radio, tv, newspapers...

That was my point, kind of. I think most men, without someone in their life to prompt them, would forget the occasional anniversary, maybe a birthday here and there. But forgetting Mother's Day would be like forgetting Christmas.

Having said that, I don't remember the occasion being hyped quite as much during the 70's as it is today, and teenage boys aren't exactly well known for being thoughtful and considerate. I'm pretty sure you're not the only guy in the world who missed a year. wink.gif

Archived