Skyservice IPO? Anyone know anything?

A little birdie dropped this in my in box today... ...just wondering if Dagger, or perhaps anyone else here, might have heard anything about this, or know anything more?

Full Text (130 words)

(Copyright National Post 2006)

Capital needs

Skyservice Airlines Inc., a Canadian charter carrier, may pursue an initial public offering to raise money for expansion, chief executive Russell Payson said. "We are interested in talking to the capital markets because what we do is we have a very aggressive growth campaign," Mr. Payson said yesterday at a National Bank Financial conference in Toronto. In the past, the company has examined an IPO and converting to an income trust, he said. "At this point we're not constrained, but we think that if we take on some very large programs, then yes, we're going to need some outside capital," Mr. Payson said without elaborating. Closely held Skyservice, based in Toronto, flies in Canada, the United States, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe.

Thanks for that Rockyc.... Interesting sales pitch. Almost makes me wish I worked for SSV. wink.gif

Still though... what I heard was "if, then..." I guess wait and watch is what's required...

Cheers,

Mitch

Heard from a former "director", that a certain Low Cost Carrier made an offer on SSV last fall but they couldn't come up with an agreement on price. I wonder if this is to make the price seem more attractive although I don't think that it would be a good "fit" at all. Mind you neither did the former "director" which might explain a few things...... ohmy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived