Down Big Fella!

J.O.

I think it's just the nose.... The ugliness I mean.... They seem to have stuck with their own template for noses, but failed to scale it right when it came to installation of the cockpit windows... made a normal porpoise-like Airbus nose come out looking like an obscene, off-scale guppy like critter. unsure.gif

It's certainly interesting to see and hear the impressions of my airline colleagues WRT the A380. Never mind that we'll never see one unless we take it offshore. I have yet to hear anyone speak of it with any level of excitement. Most pilots I know would give a month's pay for a shot at the 747, but no one approaches the A380 with even the smallest level of enthusiasm. The A380 is bigger, goes farther and sports the latest in flight deck technologies. Is it the look (I agree it has a face only a mother could love), or is it the fact that the norm will be to autoland?

The difference is they left the flight deck at main cabin level, unlike the 47 which moved it to the upper deck.

Actually, it will be just above the main deck - there are three steps up into the flight deck.

user posted image

Archived