Right then! Let's have it?

Newgirl, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and coworker. It's always especially sad to hear about someone so young leaving a family behind. It sounds like he faced it with courage and humour though, and that video he made will be something his family will treasure.

My condolences.

biggrin.gif Ok, trial one: (if it works, you have to wait for the ... uhhhh... vocals - that was all I was trying to get there, so leave me in blissful ignorance about my guitar playin' will ya?  laugh.gif )

laugh.giflaugh.gif Now I've got clean bits of apple off my laptop screen.

The harmony was extrordinaire! I'm sure you could learn to "sing" along... tongue.gif

biggrin.gif Ok, trial one: (if it works, you have to wait for the ... uhhhh... vocals - that was all I was trying to get there, so leave me in blissful ignorance about my guitar playin' will ya?  laugh.gif )

:

I would never have guessed that there would be that much musical talent echoing around the halls of the Cronin household.

It certainly got my dog's attention. smile.gif

I also kinda figured that it might be a while before we could actually have a jam so I picked up my guitar and played along. Next time though, maybe we could throw in an "A" for a little variety or go absolutely wild with a "B7". smile.gif

It's actually interesting in the way that even the animal world responds to music at some level. It reminds me of that e-mail discussion with ccairspace about "The String Theory" in cosmology and that everything boils down to vibrating strings.

I do have a post in mind after reading the heart-warming Muskox story, but it's only coffee #2 at this point.

Just Curious 2,

Mmmm...tender breast of muskox stuffed with fresh caribou.... Country food at it's best. Was it a warm hearted story or a warm belly? Last I talked to you on the radio while we were inbound to Inuvik, you were heading west into the mountains dry.gif. I've been watching the national news for closed circuit camera footage of your hunting trip wink.gif.

Rudy, our Station Agent in Cambridge, was involved in the rescue and then put up the baby muskox in our cargo shed until he was shipped out. He'll be mighty p1ssed if he hears that you ate the little guy with a baked potato. biggrin.gif

By the way, sorry for cutting our hello's short on 26.7 the other day...I had ATC yapping in one ear and the back-end squacking in the other huh.gif. We'll have to have a yack in person next time.

Kev

I also kinda figured that it might be a while before we could actually have a jam so I picked up my guitar and played along. Next time though, maybe we could throw in an "A" for a little variety or go absolutely wild with a "B7".

Hiya Greg.... I wish I could figure out how to edit that now... Y'see, the darn dog said he'd sing... In fact, most of the time, when I'd really rather he didn't, like when I'm trying to tune the guitar, he starts in at the first pluck... This time, he watched me set up for this MP3 stuff, went through a rehearsal perfectly, and then, as soon as I hit the record button, he clammed up! huh.gif ....so there I am, having figured on maybe 15 seconds of chugging on that little nothing of a bluesy rhythm, trying to goad him into being his usual mouthy mongrel self... dry.gif ... wasn't thinking of the next bit on the guitar, as it shouldn't have needed one for what I'd planned. (and with my guitar ...ahem... skills... I NEED to think of the next bit in order to play it tongue.gif )

I think maybe I should have tried "I Used to be Blue" with the harmonica/dog duet. He doesn't have the strength to clam up during that. biggrin.gif

BTW... I met with a mutual friend of ours this morning for a coffee... I wish it didn't have to be so brief, but it was nice. smile.gif

Cheers,

Mitch

Archived