Thinking of flying on an American carrier?

Kip Powick

Beware of the sub standard maintenance on the airplanes that

you fly on.

You won't believe this when you see it, this is an actual crack that was found in the window frame on a B-737 This could have caused a major in-flight problem.

Photo below

Guest long keel
Well.. eh ... er ... I'm a powerboat freak so ah...maybe a small blowboat, stickboat, or whatever they call themselves today...... rolleyes.gif

Actually I believe it is powerboats which are refered to as "stink-pots", but I never fully understood it until now. biggrin.gif

I heard that the (un-named airline) experienced explosive decompression while climbing out of 310 yesterday, but they were able to plug things up somehow.... biggrin.gif

Actually, the way I heard it was that the outflow valve was blocked due to a lack of fibrous lubrication being performed in the routine maintenance program. Apparently, the overworked engineers just didn't have the time, resources or training to ensure the lubrication was done in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. This lack of lubrication then combined with a a large buildup of gases created by over-consumption of junk food from those nasty airport vending machines. The buildup eventually led to an explosive mix. Fortunately, the overwing exit window provided the easiest path of relief, thus protecting those inside from the inevitable poisoning they would have eventually endured! huh.gif

wink.gif

You won't believe this when you see it, this is an actual crack that was found in the window frame on a B-737 This could have caused a major in-flight problem.

I had a crack like that a long time ago on one of my flights. laugh.gif

Archived