Those of you who fly AC 767's....

You all may well owe Mike Lavoy some sincere thanks today... Funny how that happens... a man does his job, just as he's supposed to... the instant result is he's feeling a tad nervous about having kept an aircraft on the ground, but none of us will ever know what might have happened, if he hadn't done his job... just as he's supposed to do.

Me?.... I'd be glad to know that Mike's been looking after the bird my ass is riding in!

Good job Mike. You won't hear the appreciation you deserve at work, so what the heck... hearing a sliver of it here might be worth something.

Cheers, biggrin.gif

Mitch thumbup.gif

PS.... I just called, for interest sake... and they have apparently found the correct part number doo-dads we needed from one of our competitors... (Gumbi's company.... Thanks to Gumbi's company also!) wink.gif

I'm on the '67, haven't a clue what you're talking about, but if one of our maintenance people says a part is required before the airplane flies, that's the end of the story for me. If there's some question over the 'right' part, then I will not fly until the question is resolved. No one wants to glide into the Azores or a more watery landing.

In short, I back the engineers 100% in making sure the airplane is 100% safe.

On a related note, last week we took on a newly D-checked '67 fresh out of the YVR hangar. Not a circuit breaker was out of place when we entered the aircraft. Superb job, guys.

neo

Right on Neo... (good to see you're still kicking about btw. wink.gif )

These airplanes never leave without the right parts, but once in a while a fella who's been responsible for calling a bird that's supposed to be making big bucks an incomplete almost an airplane, is gonna feel something... especially a rookie. wink.gif

It'll be good for him to see this (and he will!), I think.

Cheers,

and again... it's good to see you're still with us. smile.gif

Happy Fathers day... to all of us Fathers out there!

Mitch,

If we don't have our "MR. Goodwrench" and many like him, we don't have an airline.

The old Airforce adage, " No one will thank you for saving 5 minutes...if the aircraft is a smoking piece of wreckage off the end of the runway!"

Perhaps it needs to be said, 200 plus folks thank you for taking the extra 5 minutes.

We only will be in trouble in Canadian Aviation if people fail to respect the technology, or more correctly, it's limitations.

People make the difference...should be Airline Management 101...oops guess someone deleted that from the management list of required courses.

Buck to the bunker. ph34r.gif

Guest hedleyjb

Further to Dork's posting:

My father was an AC AME for 31 years, and when he serviced the a/c I was on, it was almost always late departing. But then again I _knew_ all the parts were tied on correctly.

So what's 5 minutes vs. the smoking wreckage scenario, anyway?

Lots of problems on-going at AC, for sure, but technically they are still out front, and I am still loyal.

PS.... I just called, for interest sake... and they have apparently found the correct part number doo-dads we needed from one of our competitors... (Gumbi's company.... Thanks to Gumbi's company also!) wink.gif

So were the other doo-dads proven to be incorrect, as we suspected?

Mornin' Mike... cool.gif

Mustn't give away too much, but you and I and all involved yesterday, including those who took over after we left, knew you were right. (with the one exception of the oddly dressed man with the hair trigger dry.gif )

But as of then, there hadn't been any further official confirmation... That needs to be chased down. Maybe you can do that while I'm busy chasing waves in the coming weeks? biggrin.gif

BTW... I think the best move I made yesterday was at the beginning of the night when I told Louis who I needed working with me. wink.gif .... Now if you let that swell your head too much I'll be back in a few weeks to knock you back down to size! ... on second thought, why wait? 3 weeks of swolen noggin might do you harm... Remember what you said about resetting those fans? tongue.gif

Archived