Jetsgo theory

Databus

JetsGo is a crazy millionaire with some cheap leased airplanes and a bunch of underpaid kids.

There isn't a whole lot more to it than that.

JetsGo can only grow as long as there is a supply of cheap airplanes and people desperate enough to tollerate LeBlancs notorious working conditions.

If the market improves and demand for MD-80's improves, (Boeing projects it will) JetsGo might find that Boeing Capital and the other parties leasing them their MD-80's (some very young airframes) for almost nothing, will come back demanding a whole lot more at the conclusion of the leases.

Guest Blue Skies

Super 80,

Any idea how long theire leases are for? He certainly had the right time (and price)to pick them up for start-up. I have to admit my early predictions of their early demise were wrong. I guess there is still, time but for now they are still flying.

Are the F100's leased too or did they buy them from AA?

I know the Fokkers are being bought outright, however AA has leased Fokkers to other airlines, such as Helvetic in Europe.

I don't know when the leases are up, some of their planes from France were taken up only earlier this year.

When Austrian dropped out of the STAR Regional buy and bought surplus AA Fokker 100's instead, it was because of the purchase price; according to "Flight International". Purchase price reported as substantially less than $2.5 million(US)ea. This was after the JetsGo deal.

Archived