Does the name "Bobbit" ring a bell?

Kip Powick

While this can be construed as a serious incident, it is not without humour. After all.....just how bad did this woman think her blind date was going to turn out to be? laugh.gif

How do you miss a butcher knife?

An airport screener at Newark's Liberty International Airport has been removed from her post for retraining after she reportedly failed to spot a butcher knife in a passengers' pocketbook, The Associated Press reports.

That passenger, 27 year-old Katrina Bell, said had put the knife in her bag "just in case" prior to a blind date earlier that week, her sister and travel companion, Tikisha Bell Gowens said in The Sunday Star-Ledger of Newark. "She said to me, 'Oh my God, I have this butcher knife in my pocketbook,'" Bell Gowens said. "My first thought was, 'They're going to think we're terrorists.'"

The women then alerted airport security to tell them about the slip-up. The gaff was the latest in a series of well-publicized mistakes at the New York City-area airport.

One of the more notable mistakes came in December, when bagger screeners lost track of a fake bomb being used to test security; the fake bomb made it onto a flight.

In a meeting Friday, the Transportation Security Administration "acknowledged Newark needs help," the chairman of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which runs the airport, told The Record of Bergen (N.J.) County.

Guest fasteddy

Lorraina's sister tried the same thing on her hubby, but the knife only cut his thigh, she got off scot free,as the police could only charge her with a "missed the weiner" tongue.gif

Please stop here if you get queezy easily.

Then there was John Derringer's Tool of the Day last Friday (Q107 in YYZ). It seems that a group of guys were down at the pub last weekend watching the England vs. Wales rugby match, being played in Cardiff. These boys were all staunch Wales fans, but sadly, their hallowed team hadn't beat England in 12 years of trying. Still, the boys were hopeful, but when they insisted that it was finally Wales turn, one of the boys decided it was a good time for a bet. Problem was, his end of the bet (no doubt influenced by several pints of his favorite ale), was that should Wales be victorious, he would cut his testicles off with a butcher knife. blink.gif

As fate would have it, Wales came through with a victory, and our intrepid gambler decided that he would have to make good on his promise, even though none of his friends intended on holding him to it. So, he quietly made his way back to his flat, where he proceeded to carry out his promise (I warned you!). Then, he placed the evidence in a bag and hobbled back to the pub to prove to the boys that he was good on his word. ohmy.gif Unfortunately, he collapsed at the bar within moments of showing them the evidence, and was rushed to hospital where he received emergency surgery to close his wound, which in his haste to get back to the pub, he had elected to ignore. The surgeon saw little point in attempting to re-attach his severed components, which is probably a good thing for the rest of humanity, as this idiot will never reproduce!

True story!

It seems that a group of guys were down at the pub last weekend watching the England vs. Wales rugby match, being played in Cardiff... one of the boys decided it was a good time for a bet... should Wales be victorious, he would cut his testicles off with a butcher knife. blink.gif

As fate would have it, Wales came through with a victory, and our intrepid gambler decided that he would have to make good on his promise... he placed the evidence in a bag and hobbled back to the pub... Unfortunately, he collapsed at the bar within moments of showing them the evidence, and was rushed to hospital where he received emergency surgery... The surgeon saw little point in attempting to re-attach his severed components, which is probably a good thing for the rest of humanity, as this idiot will never reproduce!

Surely a winner for the Darwin award! wink.gif

ccairspace

Surely a winner for the Darwin award! wink.gif

ccairspace

I hadn't thought of that, given that most of the winners have ended up dead. But considering that he'll never father children, he's almost sure to get nominated.

Archived