Damn...

Mitch Cronin

Saturday night, the night after my last night on (kinda like a Saturday morning to some),

just me and the dogs awake (and I'm not too sure about one of them)... and there's nothing interesting goin' on at the AEF...

No one's answering abc, 'cept John S. who wants to have that conversation by email ...

Neo come's by to pop in a single post and fizzles out...

Don's not around to answer hollywud...

Dagger hasn't been tweaking my hot buttons...

cpfa is into her retired country living with the love of her life...

Kip's probably out shovelling the driveway ;)...

And there's not a dang thing I can think of to yak about....

The guitars don't seem to sound right, my fingers don't want to cooperate.

My mind won't stop rollin' for me to sleep.

I think I hear a blues song there somewhere... :D

Maybe it's time to give the TV controller a workout. click. . . . . click. . . . .click. . . . . click. . . . .lcick. . . . . click. . . . .click. . . . . click. . . . .click. . . . . click. . . . .click. . . . . click. . . . .click. . . . . click. . . . .

Guest Chugalug

Got "Tubular Bells II" playing full blast in the background. God bless Mike Oldfield; makes rock instrumental sound downright great. Good stufff, along with help from Bacardi n' Coke, I'm comfortable....

So, what's you "comfort" refuge?

Guest Chugalug

Got "Tubular Bells II" playing full blast in the background. God bless Mike Oldfield; makes rock instrumental sound downright great. Good stufff, along with help from Bacardi n' Coke, I'm comfortable....

So, what's you "comfort" refuge?

Bacardi? ptui, spit ...that'd do if there wasn't any good stuff around. ;)

Tubular Bells is good stuff... makes me think of a time... that time makes me think of Supertramp... Supertramp makes me think of the harmonica...

The harmonica makes me think of the blues...

Blues Rules! is right. (y)(h)

Guest Chugalug

Yeah, Supertramp, good stuff.. after 9/11, their song "Crime of the Century" seemed awfully fitting, couldn't stop thinking about that when I saw the news.

same keyboard here... (tv card in computer)

peck.... peck.... peck.... click (mouse)... peck peck peck...., chuckle, ... click.... [dog sigh's]... peck peck peck...

;)

[...head plays a Pink Floyd stab at the blues... Momma's in the Kitchen, Shamus, that's the dog is outside...]

....sigh... I think I'll always hear that ENYA song in my head when I think of the images... Did you ever see that memorial on the web?... a slide show with Enya's music accompanying... made me cry every time I saw it. Very powerful, very heavy images... Horror cast upon the innocent... the blackest of black days in our history that most of us have seen....

sigh... back to some soothing blues... Eric Clapton, or Stevie Ray maybe...

As you listen....

I heard an interview with a record producer who described the first time he ever heard Stevie Ray play... He was at a Texas night club full of rednecks... Stevie Ray pulls up a stool, plugs in his guitar and his "opening signature" lasts about a minute... when he finished, it was the only opportunity anyone would ever have to hear 300 rednecks all gasp at once...

The man had a precious handle on the guitar... Like watching Bob Hoover fly....

Guest Chugalug

Just finished... ok, that was pretty sobering and groovy, very nice, he's definitely to the "Fender" what Bob is like to his "Twin-Commander". Gotta look up more of this stuff, thanks!

The night after your last night eh? Wish I could say that but here I sit hard at work trying to keep my upper eyelids from connecting with the lower ones every time I sit still for more than 2 minutes.

Can hardly wait for my last night. Only 3 more to go....... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Buddy Guy. Don't you just hate it when someone who can't stand what you say loves the same music?

Buddy Guy/Junior Wells. Best live blues act I ever saw. Bar none. Sleezy bar in YVR. They came in a black stretch limo, and didn't even walk on stage until the second set; we practically danced ourselves silly on the backing band. Then Junior and Buddy took over. What a night.

Dude must be 70 by now.

Bacardi!!!!!!, my god man, you must enhance your taste, Appletone is the only true nectar of the Rums.

Tubular bells is quite fine, kind of partial to Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Archived