Did You Notice ???

Kip Powick

Just sent a parcel by Canada Post to a fellow in the US. Really.... who keeps a receipt or even reads it....you just pay the charge and hope whatever you are sending gets there......

I pulled the slip out of my pocket for something to read as Scuba 02 was still prowling around the store.....and there it was...

A Fuel Surcharge....Yep, you now pay a fuel surcharge............ and another thing if you rent a post office box you will see it has increased by 36% this year. No notice,no reason, just pay it.... or G'bye.

Another thing.....good old Canada Post has a feature called Express Post, and the sign states that it takes 5 business days to get to destination.....Wow.... the speed of jello.... but when you pay for Express Post the young lady says that it actually takes 6 days and she has been told to tell the customer that...so why have a sign that advertises 5 days???

I tracked the Express Post envelope...it took 8 days......yes...I don''t have much to do....so fired off a snot-gram to Canada Post...but have not heard back...of course it has only been 5 days :>

Rant over..

Your snot-o-gram must be converted to hard copy and express posted to Canada Post. Expect your reply to be sent by express post to the reconfiguring department, scaned and emailed. Actual time of arrival? Your guess is as good as mine.

And yes I don't have much to do either.

I use them Canada Post for our bix and find that the express post time varies also. To US destinations they simply claim that it is a customs issue. In Canada, they always tell us it is a 'one time' problem--yet it happens continuously!!!

Kip:

My favorite 'how much do I hate Canada Post' story is this:

an artist friend of mine send me a small painting and additionally insured it. When I picked it up, the glass was so mangled it was very nearly back to sand.

I took it all the wasy through to the ombudsman in my rant and only received confirmation that Canada Post's policy is that insurance for items in their care is for loss only, not damage!?! (which of course they do not tell you when you are purchasing it...)

Don't you have a side business with business card keepsakes? Might want to relook at your shipping provider if you have been using them...

Hey Kip;

I can't believe these guys either... Trying to navigate their site to track a registered "snot 'O' gram" myself, and finding their web site "un-userfriendly" to say the least...

I found this on the fuel surcharge... It's news to me and about every other postal user I'll bet...

Cheers! (d)

http://www.canadapost.ca/business/corporate/about/announcements/fuel_surcharge/default-e.asp

Archived