A life, cut short

Mitch Cronin

A few days ago, a man named Ray Snair was killed in one of our hangars in YYZ, while working on a hangar door...

He wasn't a "good friend" of mine, but I knew him, and I liked him..... I thought a mention here was worth a bit of bandwidth...

Ray was a character... From the east. Halifax to be more specific, and like many from eastern Canada, he had that personable, friendly, down-to-earth, everybody's friend, kind of quality to him. Even folks who didn't know him at all remembered and recognized who he was when a description of his cheery nature was mentioned... he always seemed happy, frequently whistling while he worked....

He always greeted me with a very cheery "how ya doin' young fella?", and no matter what kind of mood I was in, that always brought a smile to my face.... (no doubt, he's the last man I'll ever know to call me a "young fella")

He was just a few months short of retirement when the cruel hand of fate snatched his life... But I'm willing to wager his life was spent mostly appreciating the now about as much as anyone can. I can't think of anyone I've ever known who seemed as cheery and up-beat as this man always seemed to be...

His presence most certainly enriched my life and I'll always be grateful for that. I'll never forget him.

I offer my sincere condolences to his family and friends and I consider myself a lucky man to have ever crossed his path.

....This glass is for him: (d)

There is so! (from yesterday's Daily News:

Sad news. On Friday, Air Canada lost one of its Toronto employees in an industrial accident. Our sympathies go out to the family, friends and colleagues of Category 24 mechanic Ray Snair. Air Canada has mounted an internal investigation and is cooperating fully with authorities in their investigation. Details of the funeral service will be posted locally.

There is so! (from yesterday's Daily News:)

Sad news. On Friday, Air Canada lost one of its Toronto employees in an industrial accident. Our sympathies go out to the family, friends and colleagues of Category 24 mechanic XXX XXX. Air Canada has mounted an internal investigation and is cooperating fully with authorities in their investigation. Details of the funeral service will be posted locally.

Archived