Why I use Win2KPro

Kip Powick

My youngest son went into a computer store and told the clerk that he was looking for a mystery adventure game with lots of graphics, something really challenging, something that would work his brain and be demanding, as he felt he was pretty knowledgeable about cyber works.

After a while the clerk replied, “Have you tried Windows XP?”

A quick question about XP if I may. I notice of late that on any Google search a pop up “searching the search engines” appears. Additionally, my defaulted home page is replaced automatically after about 8 or 9 selections and has to be reset. Comments/fixes?

As stated, I don't run XP but if you have not got it yet I would suggest you get.

1) the Google tool bar with pop up blocker on it and install it. Free download at Google.

2) install another free program called Ad-aware. I have release 5.83 and I know there is a later version cause I tried it and didn't like it so reverted back to the old version. Does a good job of cleaning out all Add/Spyware.

These pop up add spamers are getting harder and harder to eliminat...Good Luck.

Ad-aware can be downloaded here. Version 6.1

http://kingston.tucows.com/preview/236049.html

Obviously this is at the TUCOWS site so if you are at all interested you might be better to just go to the TUCOWS site as downloads can be acquired more quickly depending on what Province and City you select.(you can see I selected KINGSTON as it is closer to my home)

Right on Innuendo. I use 'em both too and should have mentioned Spybot. I've seen things go the other way too... Spybot cleaning some and then Adaware finding more....

Both worth paying for! (I bought Adaware so I could run Ad Watch)

Guest rphydro

I had a similar problem, and adaware didn't do the trick. I used a program called "hijack this" and fixed it. Beware though, don't delete everything, just the real suspicious entries.

Archived