Turpen/Collenette Leading GTAA to Ruin

Guest WA777

It really is unforetuneate that there is little accountability from the GTAA in this whole mess. Turpen always has, and probably always will, acted like king of the hill and doesn't like it when he is challenged.

I'm sure that all the airlines had an opportunity to review the construction budget but did they actually see the nitty gritty details, I doubt it. I had the opportunity to take a tour of T-New about a year ago. I was shocked to find that we (that's right we) had spent 8 million dollars for a wall of Quebec marble. I believe it was in baggage claim. Is this kind of crap really necessary.

Now I know that every airport wants to out do the next on their new terminals but when does this kind of frivolous spending come to an end or at least make someone accountable for it.

"Reacting to the IATA letter, Transport Canada spokeswoman Amy Butcher reiterated comments made by Mr. Collenette last week: "It's a matter of negotiations between the airlines and the airport authorities, and not one for public consumption.""

I guess the Gov wants to hide all its nasty little secrets. How much did we pay to Mulroney's GTAA friends when JC booted them and replaced them with his own?

Archived