Bravo Conehead

Guest Deadmanwalking

Guest Deadmanwalking

I just read the link. I agree with you 100%. Ask crew sched.The aircrew do not answer their phones on days off. I suggest Mtce do the same.

Oh yeah, Wrench, what is it you do?

A true story from a couple of weeks ago; 22:15 departure, YYZ - LHR, A330 sitting at the gate, all pax onboard, back-end crew ready to go, cargo doors closed, First Officer in his seat..... but no Captain in sight! Crew sked spends 2 hours on the phone trying to find a replacement, to no avail. Seems no-one will answer the phone!

So our passengers (customers) ride a bus to the hotel, instead of to jolly old London.

I don't know who I'd be flying with the next time, but it certainly wouldn't be Air Canada.

Just this passed July, My wife and I were on a Toronto - Quebec City flight when they announced that the flight is delayed due to a mechanical problem. After seating in the plane at the gate for 45 minutes, they asked us to move back to the terminal. Later we found out that the problem was not mechanical and it was the first officer that didn’t have a valid medical certification.

The replacement arrived nearly 3 hours later.

We were not served any drink or food while waiting.

That’s Air Canada for you.

Guest topsy1970

Last week flight AC882 YYZ - CPH that dept. at 1750 experienced some sort of mechanical problem. It landed in Montreal. Any idea what happened? The replacement 767 that left Montreal at 1 am did not have any catering on board either (apparently they forgot???). My friend was on this flight and he said all they got on that 8 hr flight was peanuts and a drink. Any truth to this?

Thanks

Deadman,

the unfortunate thing about this forced O/T is that you will be given written notice a few weeks in advance of your future overtime, not much room to get out of it, it would be more tolerable if we were to be paid for this overtime, but for time off when the company tells you when you can have it off, is for the birds, amazing how this mandatory over time bank is only maintenance that has , even more amazing, it was the IAM who suggested it!

Archived