Hiring foreign pilots to fly in Canada,

Super 80

Now, before you guys flame the hell out of me, I should make it clear we are talking about Russians to fly soviet equipment.

Does anyone have any experiance hiring flight crew from the former Soviet Union, Norway or Finland?

How much of a nightmare is the proceedure?

How long does the immigration proceedings take?

How are credentials handled?

Would it be easier for a Russian national living in Finland or Norway with their credentials to get through the immigration process than one in Russia proper?

Any input would be welcome, input from those who actually understand it is much better than trying to figure out government websites that make no sense in either offical language.

Guest HardRock

If you willingly try to bring them in, you're a bigger scab than they are, unless they are flying the large Antonov's , and there is nothing equivalent in Canada to do the job.

Talking about scabs.

How about our own so called "Canadian” company Jetsgo. They just hired a guy with 2,300 hours from Darwin Australia.

And “”NO”” he did not have any MD80 time or anything close to it.

JetsGo will hire anyone they can sucker into putting up the training bond, I don't think many unemployed Canadian pilots who know his reputation are going to risk giving their money to scum like Leblanc.

As much as I obviously like the MD-80, at this point risking your own money to get an MD-80 rating in Canada is insane,

Guest Bugsy G Darren

The bigger issue is certifying the aircraft to Canadian (western) standards. Russian aircraft can operate into canada from a country which certifies the A/C, however if you wanted to fly point to point within Canada, you will have to certify it.

Good Luck!

Probably just wanted someone that didn't want to complain and wanted to do the job they were hired to do. I love all the bickering here. People that would sell their soul's and ditch a good job flying in our country to go to Emmirates or some other godforsaken place to fly something BIGGER (777). There is probably a website in some other country where they talk about "all the scabs" from Canada comming to "steal" all their flying jobs. what a hoot!!!

It does not need to hire foreign pilots from former Soviet Union, because here, in Canada,enough Russian pilots with Canadian ATPL and Canadian passport and huge flight experience on heavy aircraft, but absolutely no chance to be hired by any Canadian airline..

Guest Bugsy G Darren

They may be owned by an American entity, but they are certainly not registered in the U.S.

There is a company called Avialeasing operating AN12's & AN26's from bases within the U.S. They are doing this on 7th Freedom rigfhts which allow them to operate from the U.S. to a third country without filing for traffic rights.

At first glance you would say that the Americans would never allow this, however Avialeasing is an Uzbekhistan airline. The U.S. required a base in that region and signed a bilateral agreement with the Uzbeki's. By the way any American company can operate from Uzbekhistan on 7th Freedom rights as well :)

Archived