How to make a grown man cry ...

J.O.

Actually Jeff, to hell with the cars, I'm in love again. Check out the Left Hand Screen saver ...oh sorry ..you are a pilot and that is probably why you were on the page anyway. tongue.gif

Thanks for the link biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

PS.. I must clarify...I went back to the page and the page had changed, lots of adverts), so perhaps you didn't see the other exotic creature(s)

On the upside.... that's just the kind of thing that can make a real beaut available to one who could never afford it otherwise... it takes some coin to replace plastic and leather bits... wiring and paint... but you end up with a machine worth oodles more than what you have to invest.

I know a guy who did that with a big Mercedes a while back... bought one that had been in a fire, and wound up with a car he could easily sell for twice what he'd put into it. He instead sold it to his father for just what it had cost him.

Imagine losing this car.........apparently, before the incident, Mercedes promoted this car as un-stealable.

DC boss's R6,4m car stolen

BERLIN - Thieves have stolen the 800000-euro (about R6,4 million) car driven by DaimlerChrysler boss Juergen Schrempp, and investigators say the chances of finding it are slim, Germany's Bild daily reported yesterday.

The bullet-proof Class S 600 Mercedes was stolen within 20 minutes of it being parked outside a building in Stuttgart three weeks ago, the newspaper reported.

An investigator said the vehicle, which has reinforced panels and weighs about 3,5 tons, was probably stolen with a tow truck. Despite being equipped with a satellite global positioning system, it could not be located.

"The limousine was most likely an order from the Russian mafia and was probably taken abroad a long time ago," the investigator said.

Kip:

Whatever do you mean? My high-end pop-up blocker doesn't allow me to see such things! cool.gif

Mitch:

I have a friend who works as a mechanic at a Porsche dealership in California, and he told me that Porsche forced a European dealer to crush new 17 cars that were damaged in a similar incident, thus preventing any such renovations. At the car show last year, I was chatting with a gal at the Volvo display (we were discussing the quality of her... um... I mean... the Volvo's headlights). I asked her what they do with the cars at the end of the show, and she said that they are scrapped! I asked why, and she said that the doors, seats and other interior fixtures take 12 years worth of abuse during a typical 1 week car show, therefore, they're treated as junk!

Archived