Hey Mitch!

deicer

After reading through the thread with Lanc below, he has just proven to all of us how little knowledge and experience he has.

Personally, this line of work has allowed me to travel around the world, and in doing so I've had the pleasure(?) of utilising many other airlines.

Having done that, it is always reassuring after having seen the shape other airlines aircraft are in, to get on AC and see that although there may be "cleanliness" issues, overall the mechanical conditions of the transport are of a higher standard.

Ask any oldtimer in Mtc about the condition that a/c 501 used to come back in after "sharing" it with Eastern for six months a year. They used to get all the snags fixed in time to send it back.

Our Mtc people deserve kudo's for that!

As well, when you open the belly you can tell the difference of a flight from an AC station or from somewhere else. A good example is coming out of the States, their use of tie-downs for hazmat, and utilising webbing in the holds leaves a lot to be desired.

So let them slag away, because safety records speak for themselves. Not to say we never have any issues, and we always strive to do better, but compared to what is out there,,,

WALK WITH YOU HEAD HIGH MY FRIEND!!!

Rgds...

Iceman

Superb maintenance ???…… Only in the eye of the beholder.. Here is an excerpt from a maintenance log that I photocopied that concerns an aircraft that our infamous AEF voodoo mechanic worked on. (In order to preserve confidentiality and to avoid any unnecessary embarrassment, Mitch’s name has been removed as the MAINTENANCE individual from this excerpt)

PILOT WROTE…With all trims centralized the left wing is very heavy in-flight.

MAINTENANCE WROTE… Aileron trim tab readjusted on left wing. Test flight required.

PILOT WROTE… Test Flight completed…. unacceptable…..with all trims centralized the right wing is very heavy in-flight.

MAINTENANCE WROTE… Aileron trim tab adjusted on right wing.. Test flight required.

PILOT WROTE…Test flight completed….unacceptable….both wings heavy .

MAINTENANCE WROTE ….Go %$#$#!*&& jet jockey !!!

ROTFL! Nice one Kip...

Seriously though, Deicer is right (and Thanks Ice guy!)... I'll never forget the differences I've seen in standards of maintenance on various US airlines. Things I could get in trouble for saying here, I think, but from what I've seen with my own eyes, I'm glad to be working here!

Did I ever mention the United engine change we did?

Archived