John Gibbs

Jumpy

A memorial fund has been set up for John Gibbs' family. John was the ALTA Flights pilot killed last week flying from YXC-YYC. John and his wife Angela were expecting their first child in February. Donations can be made through the CIBC's Chinook Station Branch or c/o ALTA Flights, 5414 11th Street NE, Calgary, AB, T2E 7E9.

John's funeral will be held this Friday, October 3rd at McInnes and Holloway's Chapel of the bells (2720 Centre Street N., Calgary) at 2:30 pm.

Please accept my sincere condolences.

I am ashamed of this aviation community.

Since the first posting no one even troubled dropping a simple line and paying the compulsory respect.

God bless human race.

I'm not sure that's a fair assessment Max... Some of us just have no idea how to say anything at all... some may have already paid their respects in more appropriate places, and perhaps some find it redundant to add the same kind of "thoughts and prayers" sort of thing that unfortunately needs to be said all too often? I think it's understood that all feel that way.

I don't think the silence is a reflection of any lack of care or sorrow for those he left behind. It's bloody hard to say anything to people you don't know, who likely won't read it anyway... and are hurting bad. Anything you say can only sound too shallow. Nothing will do.

Having said that, I too offer my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Mitch

Guest mareli

I Dont think that statement is true at all. As most of us know, we're a pretty tight nit group in our industry. I personally have thought a great deal of this individual and his family. I can relate a little more then some as I flew for Alta Flights for over 2 years, and have time in the exact plane that went down. My condolensces to John's family! I think I speak for many!

Guest PilotsWife

Max,

I think your post takes away from this time for John's family and friends. I cannot imagine one single aviation person who did not take a minute and reflect after hearing of the plane and the finding of the outcome.

Any tragedy like this hits home, whether you knew them or not! Your post was out of line and inappropriate and clearly lacked respect!

JP

Archived