GTAA wonders why Heavy Metal leaving

Kip Powick

Makes you proud to be a Canadian!! gaaaag

Its a wonder ANY airline can survive in Canada!!!

Now you know why AC got rid of its overweight 747 combis. With the extra heavy deck, the landing fee for that plane is probably close to $12,000 already. Think of it. That's 20 seat sale passengers on LHR-YYZ just to pay the landing fee. Insane.

If I were AC, I'd do a lot of overflying of Pearson, and run a lot of those new, lightweight embraers through YYZ and basically stiff those turkeys.

It would be interesting to see how many pax are fed to YYZ for a cnx to LHR from the prairie provinces. Depending on the satistics perhaps we need to reinstate the "Western Arrow" from YWG on a twice weekly schedule? Or 2 flights a day from YVR Thurs.-SAT. or from YYC?

Many smaller airports would love to have these flights and most pax who do not live in Ont. would love to bypass YYZ if possible.

JMO

Now you know why AC got rid of its overweight 747 combis. With the extra heavy deck, the landing fee for that plane is probably close to $12,000 already. Think of it. That's 20 seat sale passengers on LHR-YYZ just to pay the landing fee. Insane.

If I were AC, I'd do a lot of overflying of Pearson, and run a lot of those new, lightweight embraers through YYZ and basically stiff those turkeys.

With YYZ's little empire they will just move the goal posts and fees will increase lighter aircraft.

Archived