ALPA/ACPA can they or will they work toether?

.70 mach

Just cruising through the ALPA board when I came across a posting titled "race to the bottom" and thought this also might be a good place to discuss what might or might never transpire.

The poster discusses having a beer with a buddy from AC and they chat about a committee from ACPA that is being put together with managements approval to chat with us with the result of something like BOTL. 100% flow to bid on positions and taking over years of service for pay only . Can someone from both sides want to comment with some meaningful ideas of just what could come out of this. Our Jazz MEC has been telling us that ACPA will not return several calls made their way. Although our plan for now is to follow the model set forth by the union, is any talks between both parties out of the realm of being possible?

Or have we beat this old "Seabiscuit" to death?

When you write "Our jazz MEC has been telling us....." it sounds like you may not believe what they are saying.

.70 mach if you are a Jazz pilot why not you pick up the phone and give Ranier or Don a call?

Let us all know if you get thru.

John S.

"When you write "Our jazz MEC has been telling us....." it sounds like you may not believe what they are saying."

I just find it strange when I had dinner with a friend who happens to be a LEC rep for ACPA saying the same thing, "that contact has been tried" It is hard to decide who to believe.

".70 mach if you are a Jazz pilot why not you pick up the phone and give Ranier or Don a call?"

Maybe that might be chore for our "Strategic Planning Committee" whoever they may be! So maybe a committee formed outside the union without their sanctioned blessing should make the call then.

John I have been giving my full support towards the unions model but as we exit the CCAA process in the new year, I'm not that confident we will be seeing the Jazz name on a jet carrying 110 pax or even 75 for that matter.

Just my opinion.

Yes, the idea has been beaten mercilessly by detractors on all sides. But you can't kill it, simply because the idea makes too much sense to too many people. Hope your discussion is fruitful. :)

neo

Or have we beat this old "Seabiscuit" to death?

Time for your Jazz MEC to go public, ours – seems - too busy. Beat to death? Yes. Can it or could it, work? Well for the first time since I've been involved, the mix of O2, fuel and spark, may just be enough to force a few closed traps to open up, at least a little. IMO, if a little sunshine works its way down to those withering 'grassroots' so to speak, this just may be the ideal collection of planets - then of course all a guy has left to do is line em up.

20 guys must not be allowed to speak for 4000 on this issue any longer, it is too important to ALL the pilots of the family., The only way to effect a change, to achieve a genuine result on the issue, is to get the other 3980 pilots involved, get the data out and find a way to collect a vote..

I am hoping they do.

cheers

an ACPA dragon

Guest PortTack

Take our dirty laundry back to the ALPA forum board ...why do you think you need this audience for this message? What a stupid rant.

Archived