BACK PAIN

Guest CabinDweller

Guest CabinDweller

We we had a discussion on the subject a few years ago, many seemed interested.

Four or five months ago HH mentioned he was about to be on a program on TVOntario.

Wasn’t able to make a post about it then, asked him to let me know if/when repeated, got a message last night.

Monday, Aug. 25th 1pm TVO

I remember him originally saying it’s over a 30min interview. Which is why it’s worth mentioning here. Rare with such an expert. Much more useful than the usual 6 minute morning-show segments.

Not really familiar with the show called ‘More To Life’, but I have posted on the quallity of TVO programs before. If Fear-Factor isn’t really your speed night after night, a current-affairs show called ‘Studio 2’ is on from 8 – 9 pm. With a fantastic variety of subjects and guests, I always leave feeling like I have (at minimum)a fair view of the subject at hand.

TVO is of-course avallible across Ontario, but also many other provinces. Some US states too.

I’m having trouble providing a channel /location chart for you to see if you receive the program. Tried but was unable to gain access to their website. A friend who works in CanadianTire HQ (I know they share the same building with TVO) did mention the other day there was a fire subsequent to the blackouts at a sub-station affecting the Young/Eglington area. They only got regular pw back Wed morning that’s most likely the problem with the site.

Try www.tvguide.ca ; enter your PC and the date you want to view (Mon. 1pm).

If you don’t see a listing in the Cable or Satellite listings, try “Broadcast”. You might have to unplug the cable from the back of the TV to dial-in the channel. If you need to set your VCR, remember to change the menu option to “antenna” then do a quick test to be sure. This is as stated only if you don’t receive a signal for TVO through cable.

DL

Guest King or Queen

Just read his book last night.

I have a bulged disc at present and have been on med leave since March.

Found a great Physio and slow improvement is happening.Tried the Chiropractor and got some relief.Went on the Atkins diet to shed some lbs. That helped also.

A good friend who is an surgeon said it can take up to 1 year for the bulge to shrink and heal.

Thought I would pass that along. I will try and get some one to tape the show.

JD

Is a bulged disc like a herniated disc? I had a major surgery about 18 months ago to remove a damaged disc and fuse two neck vertabrae as a result of a car accident. If your symptoms include tingling and such, physio isn't going to do much, and chiropractor can even do more damage.

The surgery and recovery (about 5 months) isn't a whole lot of fun, but it worked. Without the surgery, I'd still be off. If you think that I can be of some assistance, email me at the address below. Regards.

Pierre Garneau

pgarneau@sympatico.ca

Guest PortTack

"chiropractor can even do more damage"

I think that depends on the Doc. I went to one who used very low strength manipulation....only guy after months who actually fixed me. It took 7 visits over 4 days and I've felt great for 6 months, haven't seen him since.

I agree, some can cause damage, but this guy did it for me.

I didn't mean to bash Chiropractors. What I meant is that neurological, disc damage (degenerative or accidental) require a much different approach. As in my case, an MRI was utilized to accurately assess damage, and a 3 hour surgery to fix it. X-rays, ultrasounds, may be of little value as diagnostic tools.

PG

Would you mind letting the rest of us know what it is you're drinking so we can avoid that particular poison? Or do you have to be snorting something to get that kind of high?

There's a fellow here who posts from time to time, goes by the initials HH... ...oh never mind.

Elitist? .... "embaress"?... sigh...

Archived