AC Mgmt. Golden Chutes?

Guest Fax

Fax,

You'll have to forgive Airmail, he's somewhat biased by his position.

Here's what I could find in a hurry:

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030704.umiltm/BNStory/Business/

"However, Mr. Milton stands to win financially if control of the company changes during the restructuring.

As part of a "change-of-control" agreement in place since 1999, Mr. Milton can elect to leave the company and receive a golden parachute of three years' salary and a bonus.

The agreement is estimated to be worth more than $5-million."

I do recall reading the deal would also include lesser sums to other execs.

You've gotta be joking.......coma

It seems to me that what he has been trying to do is negotiate his future employment.

Can you honestly tell me that he hasn't been trying to exercise some sort of control over who his potential employer is?

You've gotta be joking.......coma

It seems to me that what he has been trying to do is negotiate his future employment.

Can you honestly tell me that he hasn't been trying to exercise some sort of control over who his potential employer is? And if he doesn't approve....he's got a helluva exit.

No such thing?

What is the severance that you know of Airmail? My bad memory seems to recall an initial [and very generous] package constructed during or shortly after the ONEX period.. since then, I have again both heard and read of other enhancements to the package.

What’s your understanding?

Guest Airmail

Are we going around this bend all over again? I think this was all made clear weeks ago.

The agreement this poor/pathetic reporter was trying to stir up trouble with was entered into in 1999 during a hostile takeover attempt -- we all know what was happening at the time. It is not current nor is it something which has been agreed to by the monitor or the judge -- two pretty important conditions that should not be overlooked. In other words, the agreements described in the article were disclosed every year in the annual information form for the past 2 years and the CCAA filing supercedes those agreements.

So before we start buring more effigies, let's look at the facts -- AC has not entered into any retention agreements or so-called parachutes with any executive since the CCAA filing. If any such agreements were entered into post-April 1, they would be disclosed -- so far, no such agreements have been disclosed.

Archived