A gift for Kip

Guest RV4

Kip, I think you're going to like this one

--------------------------------------------

B-737 / Fin # Old 740,new 540

Ident# C-GBPW

Ser # 20958

B-737-275

Broken up in YVR # To be sunk and used as artificial "diving" reef.

An underwater T-REX...

The perfect retirement toy.

Hey Maverick, I'm thinkin' we're gonna be seein' a lot of that kind of sadness as years go by... So far, I've heard of schools getting them, this underwater corrosion deal, and a bunch going to a cutter in the desert... Wouldn't it be nice to see one or two of them left for us to play with? I mean, if they're toast anyway, what would be the harm in leaving one or two of these old girls around for education sake, or even just for nostalgia?

Hell, I'd put a DC10 on my front lawn! Calgary owes a lot to the 37's.... shouldn't they have one of those things on a peg, or even on it's wheels, in a downtown display someplace?

I don't think I can stand the notion of all of these old dears being forever out of my grasp.

Note to Mel Lastman (or his replacement): I'll promise to look after the thing, if you'll get a hold of a DC10 and plant it some place near me.

Rumour has it that BCIT is going to get a completely serviceable one. I'm not sure where it's coming from? As for the DC10 outside skydome, I like it a lot! It would give me a reason go to a Jays game! But my eyes would invariably be drawn to the number 2 (involuntary shudder), the horror, the horror. ;):D

It was more a miss communication than a story :S

An employee thought he had permission to take the flight deck home, so he arrived withh cutting tools and began to remove the forward section of the aircraft :(

It was soon determined that this was not the case and the damage was somewhat repaired so the aircraft could be sunk as a reef.

Brett

ps: as a post script it was rumoured that this same person obtained his flight deck from another ex CDN 737 that was cut up in Mojave

Archived