Watches

Guest lowtime

Guest lowtime

Just looking at getting a new watch wondering if anyone has any feedback on breitling or tag... not a pressing forum issue but just thought I would throw it out there !

Enjoy your evening

ESQ have some great watches at half the price. I have had one for 4 yrs now and everyone thinks it's a Tag or something else.

Guest wetcoaster

I reccomend you pay the extra - for $35 you get a great timex - has a nice comfortable strap that lasts and lasts - doesn't dig into your skin or get brittle after a year - keeps great time - lights up when you want it to. I've tried the $10.00 ones - hit and miss on comfort and waterproofness.

Guest Jazzplayer

Breitling or Tag are excellent albeit expensive brands that are now moving into good automatic (mechanical) movements and as specialized (diving, pilot) are very reliable. Have a 25 year old Breitling that hasn't missed a beat. If you like auto mechanical at a reasonable price with a standard Swiss ETA movement then I would suggest Oris. Omega and Bell & Ross are other personal favorites. If money isn't an object then I would suggest the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Concept tourbillon US$155,000 (just kidding). Try this page www.orolus.com.

Guest MikePapaKilo

So what do you want your watch to do ? Why do guys need to have a thousand dollar bill (or more) attached to their wrist ?

For me, it's simply to tell time. One of my friends has a Breitling chronograph thing that looks like it weighs a few pounds. I have a Timex. Mine has an alarm, and is back-lit at the press of a button. - the only "features". His has been in for repair. Mine hasn't. His has three faces plus the outer dial. Mine has one. His probably has eletric windows, power steering, cruise, tilt, etc.

The truly amazing thing about my $55.00 Timex is that it tells the same time as his Breitling. And for only a grand or more less !

Good thing we don't suffer from "watch-envy" ! Or do we......

Not sure of your travel plans,but picked up a tag in jamaica for half the price in us/can. and duty free.i can give you more details of the store if intrested.

Guest Geminoid

I've had great luck with the 10.00 watches at any kiosk in most malls. Whole watch costs less than a battery replacement at some places. I don't feel bad when I lose or scratch the watch. I don't feel the need to impress anyone with the price of my watch.

Geminoid

...can't afford a Tag, or a Rolex, or guchi, or a tamagoochie, but Timex watches work good and last a long time. Which is worth a lot.

If image is what you're after, spend some money... but if it's a good time keeper, even with a few handy fandangles added, Timex does it just fine.

Archived