The official response:

Guest ah crap

Hey Mitch, this is as far down the thread as I care to read. The big problem here is it seems only AMEs will stick together. It almost seems impossible to try and explain what you meant. Not to stir the pot with the majority of the group here but anyone who has worked line maintenance knows some of the ways the folks up front can flex their muscles. Ive seen repeat snag after repeat snag, sometimes it makes you wonder if the plane will ever leave the gate and we are the ones forced to keep going back trying to fix the mysterious snags until finally the flight is scrapped. That does not include the extended taxiing or any other means some of the folks take. All that is meant is some of the rpairs and servicing can take longer. Madatory overtime does not equate to increased production and furthermore, no AME will ever knowingly sacrifice his or her license just to prove a point.

Anyone not happy with the comments posted by Mitch need only to walk into any automotive centre and ask any mechanic if they are policed to the point we are and if they can lose everything and go to jail everytime thety sign their name that the aircraft is fit and safe for flight and in compliance with all applicable standards of airworthiness.

Give me a break

BTW Airmail... I had written to RM on at least two occasions in the past and recieved no response from him at all, until I said here that I thought he'd botched the merger, angered the nation with his 180 day promise, and squandered an 80% market share. Suddenly he wanted to talk to me.

I happen to believe this latest issue is so important to my colleagues and myself, that it becomes important to Air Canada at large, and a lot of the folks who read this site.

I also believe the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and by krikey, we sure need some!

I don't think you were personally threatening anyone. I took your comments to mean that as a result of poor management activities and practices employee's were likely to act in ways that are not condusive to the corporate interest. The problem as I see it is that management doesn't understand "people" issues and that's one of the reasons the corp is in such a mess today.

Archived