Jazz&Ex-Cndn

Guest invader

Guest invader

There is a plan in the works that is being put together by the Jazz MEC that would include the former Canadian pilots now at Air Canada.

This plan is said to be in the event that the T.A. is vote down by ACPA.

It is to incude the ALPA pilots from the former Canadian Airlines along with Zip and Jazz.

The initial working of this deal would see the Cndn and Zip pilots flying the wide body aircraft while the Jazz pilots would fly all the domestic along with shorter haul international.

It is said to be a 6 year deal with straight DOH for the seniority list. This would incude a fence of aircraft size, this being, there would be no flow up or down for 6 years, after which pilots could bid to any aircraft their seniority could hold, as long as ther was a position open.

There would be a two tier pay scale, for wide body aircraft and for the321's on down.

Tier 3 would play a vital role in that they would take over all the Dash-8 flying. This would allow the Jazz pilots to re-train as well as the Zip pilots.

This new agreement would give the creditors 6 years without the labour unrest that is being seen at the airline at this time.

As indicated, this agreement is in it's initial stage and would be presented if the ACPA T.A. is voted down

Guest Starman

As an ex-CDN pilot, I'm disgusted by this ploy to get us onside to undercut other mainline pilots. I've been a member of CALPA, ALPA, and now ACPA, and sure I have a lot of disagreements with ACPA policy etc., but I never thought I'd see the day when Canadian pilots crank up plots to undercut each other's contracts like Buzzards circling over a dead horse.

By the way, ALPA still sends me a bill for dues as an inactive member. You ought to be ashamed of yourself...

Guest The Gapper

Why should we be ashamed??? Why should I lose my job because of a cat fight next door? Any plans are contingent on a NO vote which I have no control over, but will blast my career back to the stone ages!!!!

As for lowering the bar, I know in my career the bar has been raised at all my former employers from 10-15 years ago and even since I worked there, it wasn't very hard to do because when guys like the "Original AC Pilots" lined up to fly for free at the Northend in YYZ in the 80's (you know who I'm talking about) the bar was set very, very low. All I needed was a shovel!!!!!

Is it your conscious or subconscious talking now... Because you are refering to a very sensible subject and i'm not sure you are bringing any kind of facts on the table. Did you speak to any kind of reliable source ? Because ZIP has the same pilots list than mainline, it would be very difficult to manage that kind of deal.

Guest PortTack

As a Western fella, who do you speak of? Is it the famous Malard Air I've heard about?

As for the plan, one rep has already discounted your idea on the 'other forum'. I'm sure there are plans in the works but it's still a stretch for Jazz to survive on our own.

Lately, I've had this overwhelming disire to just have 'status quo' from a year ago...anyone else?

It is good to be warned that some pilots are out for themselves, no matter who they shaft.

Oh, wait a minute...I already knew pilots were like that!

But if it is true, thanks for posting prior intent to interfere with the successor rights of another collective bargaining unit. Should this come to pass, in the event of a lawsuit by unemployed ACPA members, your post will prove helpful...if there is any truth to it at all.

Vs.

This speaks volumes!

In many circles it is known as the 'Lewinsky'!

What is your dry cleaning allowance in the new Jazz TA?

B

Guest Jazzpilot

Invader:

Remove your post. You are only trying to stir the pot. There is no fact to this at all.

Guest Eventer

This Post is most unfortunate! As a Jazz Pilot, I am embarrased! Please accept my pledge that I would never wish to be a part of any such scheme. Luckly, there is no truth to it whatsoever.

Please,...Let's discontinue postings such as these, that only exist to perpetuate hatred anger and resentment. There is already more than enough to go around many times over.

Likewise, let's leave any such ideas to the Pros in the Dirty Rotten Tricks Department.

We all know who they are!

Eventer

Guest theman

Bravo Starman,you are ex CND pilot and you are a really big baby like the real real real A/C pilot,big,big big,babies.

Ce qui est a toi est a moi mais ce qui est a moi est seulement a moi

Guest invader

was this thread true?..no. why did I post it? To stir the pot and to let eveyone realize that we are all expendable.

Could this senario happen? maybe, maybe not but hasn't simmilar thoughts been posted about ac doing all the flying down to 55 seats and having tier 3 do the Dash flying and eliminating Jazz? There has to be some common ground for the two parties to meet or the fighting will go on and on, everytime there is a new contract we will all be looking over our shoulders wondering who's after who.

This company is broke (not new news)and there are lots of out of work pilots who would love to fly anything for whatever.

Is turning down the Keller award worth our (all 35000+) jobs? What does this show the company?

As it was explained to me R.M. is not steering the ship, the restructuring commitee is, and from what I understand they don't negotiate.

This is a poker game that not only am I glad I'm not playing, but I'm also afraid of what could happen if the wrong side flinches first....just remember, we're all in this together.

As for the post itself, it did stir up some interesting thinking of "could this happen"? And I do apologize.

As for my fellow Jazz posters, we remain anonymous to "spice up" the forum, a little bantering back and forth, or unusual ideas are what make this work. If you have something you want to say? Go to the ALPA forum! That is where you read this first isn't it? With my name for all to see?

Good luck to all

"As for the post itself, it did stir up some interesting thinking of "could this happen"? And I do apologize."

My father a retiring 747 driver from CAIL did get a good chuckle out of it though. I deleted my remark towards you with this comment. Lets all try to work this out ...ALPA...ACPA

Archived