Someone said...

Guest Juliette Delta

Guest Juliette Delta

I read several posts earlier that stated "ACPA was always for the junior guys".

Well when the company shuts down the junior guy will get screwed there as guys with more time on type get the jobs.

The ACPA MEC didn't put forward a proposal that competed with ALPA for the 110 seat planes, so the junior guy looses there too.(assuming that they are placed at Jazz)

What about shutting down the mainline and expanding Jazz into the full domestic market? Yup you guessed it, another loss for the junior guy as Jazz hires off the street.

Perhaps the ACPA members that ARE concerned about the junior guys, and that want a future to look forward to should think about having the ACPA MEC contact the Jazz MEC and try to put in place the framework for an agreement on having the surplus junior ACPA members work at Jazz . Would it not be better to have the option to collect reasonable pay, Pension and vacation time until recalled? Or do you think they want UI?

This is the concept called seniority, the junior guy in the union world is always the first to go. You don't like it? What other system do you propose?

No offence personally however, assuming AC survives I believe you'd be required to resign from AC prior to being hired at Jazz. In the new world order Jazz isn't going to be a rest stop for wayward ACPA people. You'll be making a career decision necessary to the corp so as to avoid extra training costs and infighting between Jazz people and those that would hold an allegiance to another group.

Just my opinion!

They did it before!! Aside from that, the company hasn't in the past and probably won't take into account training costs.

Archived