Keller Will Sink AC

Guest WA777

Guest ACguy

Googles,

If you had been following the trend within the posts....there is some sentiment that the Keller Award could influence the CCAA process. If I must spell it out for you(which appears necessary), some members are contemplating a rejection of the TA depending on the Keller results. To address weather these two issues are related and should in fact have any bearing on the CCAA protocol is a stretch I agree, but timing is everything. Senoirity means nothing if there exists no company. First the new TA should be ratified, then worry about the infighting. Horse before the buggy n'est pas? Mitchnick is history at this point.

Guest ACguy

I make no mistake about the process. Liquidation is an option which can be excercised by the creditors if their interpretation of this new AC does not measure up to expectations. It is not my intention to put the company through the painful death. However, the management team has done a fine job of assisting this deliverance. The question you have answered for me is the fact that you will indeed do anything necessary to right the ship, even if it does not make sense. The alleged gun you are speaking about was loaded and assembled by members of ACPA/CALPA and the historical list of CEOs and EVP of operations with full comprehension. The wage gains as a percentage has been in line with most other employee groups. IF you are referring to a pilot's market value then look worldwide. I digress back to the CCAA process. We exist within a society that is the admiration of the world for its efforts to maintain a democracy. At ACPA everyone has the right to vote their conscience. I will.

"Milton's best play"

Milton's best play would be to bail on this sordid mess and leave everyone at Air Canada to stew in their own juices. I bet he could get a job somewhere else for more money and less agrovation.

Guest Goggles

My point is that it's no more practical and legal, if I may say so, for the judge to suspend the Mitchnick award, that it will be for him to do the same with whatever Keller will deliver.

I regard scuttling the CCAA process because of the variances in both awards nothing short of committing (professional) suicide. Not only will most members wind up with far less than they would have had, many will never ever see again what they would have had after CCAA (no seniority number to be rehired to).

I believe that seniority goes out the window after liquidation. Whoever takes over the 767 operation, say, will only keep part of those pilots.

Goggles

Guest ACguy

Recall a small point within the CCAA process, all legal actions within the Air Canada component are arrested in order to allow a restructuring(including grievences, tort cases, any disputes involving Air Canada or its employees with respect to daily business). Justice Farely granted an exception in this case to allow the Keller process to move forward and in hindsight has become a big screw up. It is legal for Farley to reconsider and should have been postponed until the pilots were on board.

Guest Goggles

"It is legal for Farley to reconsider and should have been postponed until the pilots were on board."

Farley won't cowtow to blackmail. Doing so would set a precedent for actions from other unions and the whole process would fall apart. He made his decision and to change it would undermine his integrity.

Farley doesn't have a gun to his head. He's just working with options, and he'll pick the right one to suit the circumstances, even if that means dismembrement. The gun's pointed towards our heads. Seems like some want to pre-empt the process and play Russian Roulette.

Goggles

Guest Goggles

"It is legal for Farley to reconsider and should have been postponed until the pilots were on board."

Farley doesn't owe anybody anything, not even AC pilots, and he won't cowtow to blackmail. Doing so would set a precedent for actions from other unions and the whole process would fall apart. He made his decision and to change it would undermine his integrity.

Farley also doesn't have a gun to his head. He's just working with options, and he'll pick the right one to suit the circumstances, even if that means dismembrement. The gun's pointed towards our heads. Seems like some want to pre-empt the process and play Russian Roulette.

Let's face it. Under normal collective bargaining, we have the right to strike, and this is something the employer/BOD/shareholder has to think twice of before walking away from the table and letting a strike happen or having a lock out, as it could hit the shareholder.

In our situation, the shares are worthless, so the BOD/shareholders doen't care one whit about the consequences of dissolution.

We don't have _any_ leverage. I don't like it but that's the way things are. We have to be in the salvage mode here.

Lets get over this, and make sure that the bargaining agent won't let the company abuse the contract like they have always done in the past once things get back to normal.

Goggles

Archived