For Air Canada Pilots, and Employees

Guest neo

Dear Colleagues,

I've received further information concerning the Keller award that may be of interest to you.

Unofficial estimates of the impact of the award suggests that a swing of 800-900 mid-seniority numbers is in the offing. All of the projected layoffs will come from the AC side, and no AC pilot will be in the top ten.

If this situation is of concern to you, I recommend that you contact your union representative at your earliest opportunity.

Guest Starman

I don't know how accurate your information is, especially since nobody outside the committees should have any of this information at this point, but I am currently mid-seniority under Mitchnick and even the Keller award ratios in to mirror a DOH outcome, which I doubt, I would move up a maximum of 600 and my Air Canada peers, hired at the same time, would move down 200. Further, your statement that no AC would be in the top 10 is missleading because the 747's will soon be parked and all the top dogs will be retiring out of sight.

This kind of alarmist post, based on rumour, does nothing to benefit Air Canada pilots or other employees and only serves to increase tensions in an already stressful environment.

Guest Starman

I don't know how accurate your information is, especially since nobody outside the committees should have any of this information at this point, but I am currently mid-seniority under Mitchnick, after 22 years and even if the Keller award ratios in to mirror a DOH outcome, which I doubt, I would move up a maximum of 600 and my Air Canada peers, hired at the same time, would move down 200. Further, your statement that no AC would be in the top 10 is missleading because the 747's will soon be parked and all the top dogs will be retiring out of sight.

This kind of alarmist post, based on rumour, does nothing to benefit Air Canada pilots or other employees and only serves to increase tensions in an already stressful environment.

An "alarmist post"? Well that would depend on whether the information was accurate, on the manner in which I presented the information, and on the action that I've suggested people take.

You yourself admit that you don't know if the information is accurate, so how can you judge? I've worded the information in about as neutral language as the BBC news, and suggested people call their union representative if they have concerns.

I'd say you're letting your bias get the better of your judgment, Starman.

If I didn't think the information was credible, I wouldn't put it out. I don't post anonymously, as you do; if the information is wrong, then it's on my name and personal reputation.

I emphasize again that this information is unofficial. But to anyone who has a personal stake in the matter, I believe that this unofficial information is worthy of their attention. Individuals are free to disregard or act on my belief as they see fit.

Richard Roskell

Guest Peanuts

Hey Richard,

I reckon most of us don't want to hear anythhing unless it is in the papers or in front of us in b/w.

However, you can always state your opinion or what you may have heard lately freely.

I, myself took a lot of heat of things I posted that I heard through the grapevine. I don't mind though because I learn a little more each and every day.

Good for you to have the guts to speak out.

One day we will all know as to what the heck is going on !

Thanks for your encouragement, Peanuts.

If I've learned one thing from posting and reading here on this forum, it's that when you're saying something that people don't like, their first instinct is to try to silence you. The number of people who passionately disagree with you yet just as passionately endorse your right to speak out are shockingly few.

None of us are immune to having an emotional response to something we read here. So if you ever see me telling someone to stop posting something on the forum (assuming that their post is lawful and ethical) then kindly give me a shot up the side o' the 'ead.

Thanks,

neo

Guest BravoHotel

There are no good reasons to vote no. No matter how bad you think things are, they could get a lot worse. A LOT. Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it...

Brock Higham

Guest ACguy

Richard,

The difficulty in contacting my Merger representative concerning the Keller Award is at least a two pronged problem.:

First, and foremost it does not exist. Your information maybe exact or in gross error, we simply do not know. This forum is full of speculation and tainted information. I appreciate you trying to highlight some areas of concern. However, before I contact anyone I want the facts. In all likelihood I will attend the information meeting in YYZ.

Secondly, there is no immediate action our representatives can take at this time. Justice Farely, had given exemption to the seniority process with respect to Keller. An appeal, which no matter the result will be launched by one side or the other but may have to wait until the CCAA process is completed unless Farley opens it up again.

A final note that both sides can prepare and draft letters for the CIRB. Now that jobs hang in the balance I can only hope Keller has taken his finest work to the canvass.

Archived