Hello Kip.... No soup for me!

I'm sorry to say I've fallen off the wagon my friend... I'm not sure if I'll be able to climb back on, but I do know I no longer deserve that dinner!

I'm just into the first small pack at the moment... had about 3 yesterday and 1 today so far... Am thinking I might be able to avoid buying any more.... but maybe not... sigh... I lasted a full 5 months + this time. Haven't faced the family with this failure yet, and if I can find the strength, maybe I won't have to, but I owed you that bit of truth.

In any case, I still want very much to meet you out in the water and I know better than to show up on Dun Flyin' (Is that her name?) with smoke.

Guilt ridden.... :(

Mitch

You've had a slip - give your self a break! This is NOT a complete failure. This is like an alcoholic who has a drink. He is not condemned to the fires of heck forever. Forgive yourself then get back on the path you know you want. Don't worry about your family - they're proud of you. Use that pride as a support, not a club to beat your self with.

best regards

Mitch, don't beat yourself up, only Martha Stewart is 'perfect'. So you slipped up one or a couple of days. Just think of the 5 months that were smoke free, great accomplishment. Congratulations! Now butt-out and resume your quest, you can do it. Good luck, Mitch.

Pierre

Guest manwest

Mitch: I stopped cold turkey in March of 2002, since then I had one drag of a friends smoke, I hated it. It's ok to fall off the wagon you are not the first and only one, its such a hard thing to do, I look at others smoking and remember the enjoyment I got from it, and other times I think of how much better I feel now that I am no longer smoking. I don't think you will ever get over wanting a smoke, there are certain times in the past year that I wanted one, I just put it out of my mind and the next minute after,I was glad I did not succome to the desire. The craving will always be there popping into your mind whenever an opportunity presents itself, just give your self a minute and think of why you don;t want to smoke, be it for yourself, your family or whatever the reason may be. Throw that pack away, I told myself when I quit that I could no longer buy cigs as they were no longer available, anyone I saw smoking were just smoking their last few that they had. I found that worked for me along with the desire not too have one. Its a torture to go through the withdrawal, but YOU did do it for 5 months and today is day one of a new start. Good Luck

Guest Peanuts

Hi Mitch,

Well, I sure know what you are going through. I quit on Dec 29/02. I found that Nicorette gum really worked for me. However, you are apperantly not to use it for more then three month and when I stopped chewing it I was ok for a little while after. The cravings are now coming back and they seem 15x stronger then before. I am still battling. Like manwest said, I don't believe the urge to have one will ever fade. But the feeling better ony get better. I'll let you know when I start feeling better :)

I am going to buy the gum again though. They have come out with different flavours that taste not too bad.

ps. I have had some since then too, and not proud of myself. But will fight the urge as long as it takes.

Wish they would stop selling them in the stores.

Peanuts

Thanks, to the lot of you (Pierre, Southshore, MCDU, Manwest, and you Peanuts.)

I'll do what I can. Having just got some rather fantabulous news (regarding cash) that has been ripping at me for about 3 months, I've just found some renewed fightin' spirit. ...I'll do what I can. :)

Cheers folks,

Mitch

As Red Green (my hero) says, "remember we're all in this togehter, we're pullin' for ya"

I hope you can pull it off

Greg

Archived