News conference?????????

dagger

I think it is pretty obvious where this one is going. Jazz pilots have come to an agreement with the company to fly all the RJ's and all 90-100 seat aircraft.

And before some (and I only mean some)of you Jazz pilots take great pleasure in what you see as getting even with ACPA, just remember that the bottom 600 pilots at AC weren't even at AC when all of the merger/Picher issue started.

I can just see Rod C. cracking open a beer for this one...

Guest qtip

Jazz pilots were always willing to sit down with ACPA in the past and work out a solution better than bottom of the list and with ACPA in the driver seat nothing was done. How times have changed. I'm sure the company will consider an LOU to hire from the mainline if there is a need.

Cheers

Let's hope that there is some kind of agreement in place or being worked on. ie US airways. Even though some of the bottom guys wouldn't care much for it a job is much better than no job at all. Where it would be interesting is whether or RM has any power over this kind of situation at all. This news conference could also be simply that those unions will accept the conditions of the proposals presented to them on wednesday.

Guest PortTack

The Jazz MEC called ACPA numerous times upon request of its memebership, I hear there was one call returned with an icey F.O.D. tone.

How many pilots at Jazz do you actually think are still around from the Piche issue? Of those how many still care? My own guess is they are professional and many have gotten over it.

Guest Terminated

It refers to CALPA. A little old, but I would certainly assume they are referring to ALPA Jazz, which is, of course, a flight crew union. It just appears Buzz and his people (the ones that issued the release it appears) are a little behind the times, like 10 years??

But it's true, who knows what it is really about.

Guest PortTack

I think you may have read a 'P'instead of a 'D'.;)

CALDA. Canadian AirLine Dispatcher Association.

They represent mainline and jazz dispatchers.

I don't think they can say anything like that. Are they not part of the media blackout conserning negots? So unless they are about to break a court imposed blackout the news conference tomorrow is more then likely something like which CUPE did in the papers this week urging the government to get involved. With Buzz though you never know.

Guest Terminated

Nope, I read it right. It has been changed now to ALPA (no 'C'). Either way, it definitely refers to a pilot union.

I think the news will be that JAZZ has been sold to ZIP and all union groups at JAZZ will take a ten percent pay cut for sixty days,I can't understand where are the teamster's for the JAZZ F.A. group not at this conference??.

Archived