Zip Air info

wizard

My inside source in London has confirmed that MR Steve Smith has bought himself a house in London Ontario this info yes from a real estate agent to my inside source than to the Wizard than to you. Than i ask what is up could Zip Air be buying Jazz Air and be geting ready to move head office to London this move would consolidate the two than close the doors on Tango and this would bring AirCanada from four airlines to two scheduled airlines this would reduce the size of AirCanada.

Guest Dash eight

Steve Smith wont be downsized. Has anyone given thought to the fact that maybe Smith is coming to London to set up the smaller Hub for zip?

BTW Wizard thats sleazy not slezzy.. You must be tired!! (y)

Thanks for the spelling check Dash eight.I was so sleepy.Do you think Zip will change fleet to a all A319 fleet? The B737-200 cost so much to run and with the summer just around the corner whight resricted can cause all sorts of problems.and if the fleet is going to be changed how fast do you see this coming? and do you know how manny A-319s in the AirCanada fleet?

Guest Dash eight

Wizard.

You wont see 319s for awhile yet as like westjet did zip is still getting all their routes and structre in place first before going with better equipment. Although if Air canada goes under then mabe zip can pick up some 319s at the fire sale if they are still flying??

Guest lorraine

Interesting..... the Eastern hub makes sense. Sue Pigg of Toronto Star thinks Zip and Tango are going to be merged. My take on that is unless AC gets its mainline labor costs down low enough, it makes no sense to merge them. I think it may make more sense to split the nation's routes into transcon Tango and short-haul zip routes and be done with most of the current mainline ops - leaving just a skeleton of mainline domestic ops, if any, to feed international. Air New Zealand and Virgin Atlantic/Virgin Blue serve as good examples of this model.

Lorraine Allison

Guest Dash eight

Thats exactly what i think well done lorraine. Why keep on throwing money into the toilet(aircanada) when you can make it grow (ZIP.tango) Interesting comment about tango doing transborder though, I would have thought it would have done all international low fare type of thing and zip would do domestic and us with jazz as a highspeed feeder...??? (y)

Archived