Air Canada is goin down if...

Guest Airmail

Although it was indeed an operating profit (as was the Q2 profit), you're right that it does not mean that the model is not broken and that it does not need a massive overhaul.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you suggesting that we in maintenance are properly compensated? If so I think you need to give your head a shake.As to your salary, lets look at your nearest counter part,Globe Ground!The top out pay for a lead is 16/hr.You are where you are by riding the coat tails of maintenance, while this is not your fault, it is the fault of the IAM which is run by station attendants so the end result for maintenance is the crap end of the stick.Lets see the mighty fighting machinists sustain your present wages and benefits when maintenance is on its own.Don't say you were not warned.

Guest The Clumsy Lover

Where do you dream this sh%t up man... for gods sake stop fear mongering. From the Globe and Mail..

Last Friday, Judge Farley appointed Mr. Justice Warren Winkler as a facilitator because he was concerned that the labour talks were moving slowly.

Sources say Judge Winkler has told the airline to prepare a formal proposal to present to its unions next Wednesday in Montreal. The unions would then have a short time to respond.

Judge Farley has often told lawyers involved in Air Canada's proceedings to negotiate harder and faster. But yesterday was the first time he has been so blunt about the repercussions if the restructuring were to fail and said there would be "significant negative effects for Canada" if the job of filling the gap fell to foreign carriers.

Judge Farley also said it would be a "very significant mistake" for management or the unions to see the talks as "labour negotiations."

So to sum it up for you the Judge has appointed Mr. Winkler and his big stick to get ready to solve the problem for all parties if they don't get their collective crap together. He has given the company till Wednesday to give the plan to the unions and it is then up to them to bring the numbers within the box. He doesn't care how they do it, just get the numbers to fit and have all parties stop dragging their buts. Like he said it would be a big mistake to consider this negotiations. In my opinion he is basically saying solve the problem now or I will have my guy solve it for you and then no one is going to be happy..

" However, in the CCAA process no one who makes the financial decisions really cares about the ACPA/ALPA fight."

Actually, they do!

More to the point is ACPA's new application to the SCC which seeks leave to appeal the decision of the lower court in the CDN /AC merger.

How will the creditor groups see this if the rightfully filed application is accepted. Another three years plus of pilot induced labour grief?

Guest floatrr

Yes I'm sure the majority of CDN employees feel a deep sense of gratitude for their rescue at least for a couple of years , now they are right back to where they were. Insolvent. Inferiority complex? I don't think so.

Guest righthandman

I agree with you B75/76. I also somehow have an urge to post the following...

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrendering, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are a vexation to the spirit. If you compare yourself, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment love is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrender the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentile to yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labor and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy."

Archived