Stop New Fees!

Guest TonkaJet

Guest TonkaJet

Quote from this morning's national post...

"On top of a higher Nav Canada fee, indications are the country's largest airports will slap carriers with increased terminal and landing fees -- of as much as 19%."

Instead of fighting about which CEO should run AC, what Clive said today, or speculating about who's going to get laid off, we need to put our efforts towards stopping these rediculous increases in Fees. We as an industry are taxed more heavily than booze or tabacco. We don't need our airports to have fancy shopping areas or water fountains. It's time to stop this insane waste of money that will be a never ending cycle. The airports will continue to build their fancy terminals, increase costs to the consumer. Then traffic will continue to fall since nobody wants anymore costs. What happens then is the airports needing revenue will increase costs again just like they are proposing now with a further deterioration in passengers. Where does it end? It's time to e-mail your member of parliament (quickly because their summer vacation starts soon). E-mail Collenette and let him know that his direct policies have led to the situation we have now.

We need to focus our efforts on change and not needless arguing which will in the end get us nowhere. These fees fill affect all of our livelihoods whether you work at AC or WJ.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

You are further ahead to plant a turnip and watch it grow. Do not waste your time or intelligence trying to get through to waste of skin. IMHO, of course.

Guest ex-SkyGeek

You are further ahead to plant a turnip and watch it grow. Do not waste your time or intelligence trying to get through to that waste of skin. IMHO, of course.

If you vote them out, it takes them longer to accumulate the time to get their pensions. As well, THEY lose pensionable time.

Doesn't matter who you vote in, as long as it is someone else.

The Conservatives ran the show for 12 years and &^%*ed it up, the Liberals have been in power for 12 years and have &%$#ed it up, what it the worst thing that could happen if the NDP were voted in?

Remember,,,

Mess up their pensions!!!!!!!

Iceman

Guest M. McRae

Re NDPs, one only has to look west of the Rockies to see what the NDP can do when they get their hands on an area with money. Heaven help us if they ever got hold / control of the pot of gold in YOW. IMO

Could it be any worse that the gun registry?

Could it be worse than attempting to buy new helicopters for the military?

Could it be any worse that the Airbus affair?

Remember, it is the NDP and it's predecessors who were responsible for our medical system, stat holidays, and alot of other workers rights.

Maybe it's time to give them a chance again. With a leader from the East with a view to big business, as I said above,,,

What's the worse they can do, $%#@ it up???

Iceman

Guest M. McRae

Well right now the economy is healthy etc. as was BC's before they got into power there. IMO, although I don't like the Liberals, it is a case of rather the Devil I know than the one I fear. (based on the past track record of the NDP re handling my cash (as a tax payer)) :)

"What's the worse they can do, $%#@ it up???"

That was the attitude in Ontario when the Libs were thrown out and replaced by NDP Bob. It's not worth going there again!

Archived