No need for wage concessions.

Guest b52er

Guest b52er

It appears as though the monitors appointed in the AC restructuring have protected CIBC from losing the Aerogold contract. This would indicate to me that although there were richer deals on the table, due to the exposure to further lawsuits that could cripple AC, once again, behind closed doors, lobbying perhaps from our ministers have protected AC and its employees from extinction. Could this be the case for others whose contracts are at risk. If so, why do AC employees and their unions need to accept any form of pay restructuring when it is quite apparant that AC will be protected yet again, even though their may be more money out there for various contracts, only to have our courts skew the process in favor of protecting the current contracts? Just a question. Below is the quote.

However, another reason the monitor opted to keep CIBC was the damages the bank would be entitled to if the court permitted Air Canada to choose a new credit card issuer. The monitor estimated that CIBC could fetch about $1-billion through the courts in damages -- based on loss revenue, and the cost to develop and launch a new loyalty reward card -- if its Air Canada pact was ripped up.

Guest jeanmermoz

If I remember well the judge appointed "a monitor" to decide on who was going to be the Credit card institution that was going to manage the aerogold contract. It was opened to bidders and if the "monitor" decided there was a better offer than CIBC, well, the better offer would get it. CIBC maintain its position because they have "sweetened" their offer. As a matter of fact, AMEX was able to jump aboard alongside CIBC.

As far as to say there were better offers on the table, where you part of the decision process?

Guest Simcoe

Thank you DAGGERSOVITZ, AC's executive flunky on the forum.

DAGGER is a mouthpiece for Milton and Calin. Nothing more, nothing less. As long as we all understand this, we'll get along just peachy.

Guest b52er

Actually, Dagger their will never be a need at WJ as our interests are aligned with the company as evidence in our pay structure. That is why we are wealthy beyond what you can comprehend. As for other posts regarding your identity, it is known from insiders that you are nothing more than a s _ _ t nosed brat with a command of the english language that is common to many lurkers who visit forums and contribute their opinions, and unfortunately, have others snookered into believeing that they actually are informed opinions. Don't be fooled into thinking he is an insider or even an informed follower of the industry. He most likely has alternate motives, such as.........well, I'll keep that to myself and others guessing.

Guest Virtual

Since Milton and Calin work in aviation, I guess they have as much right to be here/have representation here as anybody else....doesn't matter who you say is doing it for them.

Now...you are sharing this so-called information because you are the mouthpiece for who and your agenda is what??

Archived