Longing for Hollis???

Guest manwest

Neat that Hollis is doing well - finally - at World. He had to do many of the things Milton is doing now. But I guess it pays to be on the right side of the four horsemen of the Appocalypse. They tend to gallop right over the passenger airlines.

Wonder how well he would have done flying military charters for the Canadian government. Why, AC would have two Dash 8s in Afghanistan right now :)

My best Hollis Harris anecdote. Most AC people don't know that when in Montreal he lived out of a suite at the Queen Elizabeth Hotel - because after a few months of Canadian winter, his wife moved back to Georgia. He was also a weekend regular on flights to Atlanta for that reason. I remember my AC friends joking about how fast the airline inaugurated service to Atlanta under open skies.

Good luck to him... he's a decent guy.

Guest bianchiboy

Lemme get this straight wizard, because you are making my head hurt:

"I think Air Canada needs a Canadian to run the new Air Canada." -wizard

But oh my, look at this:

In the thread "longing for Hollis???" started by `manwest', a few replies down LongTimer V says: "Best `Leader' we had IMHO" and you reply: "Thats for sure."

Didn't Hollis Harris grow up in rural Georgia? I guess that doesn't make him a "true red blood Canadian".

http://www.thecitizennews.com/main/archive-990901/primetimers/pt-01.html

Sorry folks, but sometimes, I just gotta reply to some of the stuff on here...

"...... I remember my AC friends joking about how fast the airline inaugurated service to Atlanta under open skies...."

and he was a little &%$@! when some boot lickers started YUL-ATL with a DC9. The YYZ flights made sense, but he suspected that YUL was a dog and would have trouble even as an RJ route.

Hollis was great at that time but times change and Air Canada needs a change i did not say a American can't do a good job but AC is in the public eye day in and day out what better way to appel to Canadian's than bring in a big name Canadian to run the NEW AIR CANADA.

Guest M. McRae

I guess the problem would be finding a "big name Canadian" that would take on the task for the peanuts that AC pays their top man. :)

Archived