Things that go hhmm

Guest manwest

Guest floatrr

"Cantankerous" Union leaders? I think all the union leaders are looking for is some proof of why the company needs $2.4 Billion to be "sustainably profitable". Also, a sound business plan to proceed with. Employee groups at AC have been burned too many times in the past by this "regime" of management to just roll over and say "O.K. we trust you , take the $2.4 B because we know it will fix things."

Guest erialx

OMG- That is the goofiest picture imaginable. Is he trying to look tough? What the hell are they thinking?

You said it floatr..nothing like 'objective' reporting. I'd like to see an article begin with the opening...Irresposible management leaders...

Guest erialx

It looks too artificial and contrived. The reality is that ACPA is along for the ride and the outcome is beyond their control.

The conspiricy theorists amoung us would say it won't happen. AC management (re:Milton) will keep moving the bar until everything folds and he'll be the centerpiece of AC II; free of current encumberances like unions and rental agreements.

Canada can't live without an international carrier but that won't keep the deep pockets from picking over the bones to start with a clean sheet. They'll have the full co-operation of govt to do it.

Be that as it may..my point was that, that particular picture accompanied the article to stress the 'cantakerous union leader ' slant of the National Post.Included to emphasize a certain bias in my opinion.

cheers

Guest WA777

You missed the point......the union positions and the diatribes are giving the company and the courts the perfect opportunity to gut the contract...employees are being led into the abyss.....IMO

Guest WA777

You missed the point......the union positions and the diatribes are giving the company and the courts the perfect opportunity to gut all contracts...there would appear to be a plethora of idiots running around with your future in their hands..... employees are being led into the abyss.....IMO

Hey it could be worse, look at the comments by Ritchie the IAM moron

"We're not going to agree to any of this s--t right away," said Dave Ritchie, Canadian general vice-president of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers".

In a paper that is read through out the business world in this country, he demonstrates his advanced vocabulary.

I instantly thought the same thing.... and then I considered that I've done just as bad right here... mind you, I don't speak as the head of a union, and to the press...

Ritchie doesn't speak for me either.

Guest WA777

I think Ritchie has made it very easy for the judge to do a number on him.....too bad it will be the employees who pay with their careers....As I have said many times...he doesn't get it!

Guest b52er

Is proof not in the fact that they are currently laying off at will, non-unionized employees? Also, are unionized employees at AC doing anything to assist with the devastation that the non-unionized employees are feeling right now? Is their any compation being shown for them? Just a question.

Archived