Just What AC Needs Now !!

Kip Powick

Computer problems cancel Air Canada flights

30 flights cancelled, 30 delayed

CANADIAN PRESS

Around 30 Air Canada flights were cancelled today and another 30 delayed due to system-wide problems with the airline's flight dispatch computer system.

"We're working on a solution — it could be fixed in 10 minutes or an hour or two," spokeswoman Renee Smith-Valade said this afternoon.

She said she first became aware of the issue late in the morning and technicians had been working on the problem since then.

She advised customers planning to fly with Air Canada today to call ahead or check the airline's Web site for updated flight information.

After establishing that no computer in the entire St. John's (YYT) terminal could generate a flight plan, we tried an ACARS message, which didn't work either. I called DX on my cell phone after AGRIS failed to connect after repeated attempts. Faxing the flight plans took several efforts (45 mins.), but finally we had an operation. Two weeks off, thank God!

Pierre

Guest Stone

I operated 3 flights yesterday. All on time, all full. Had to use a little resourcefulness but between dispatch and a good F/O we got the job done.

Guest b52er

Before AC ups the ante and requires more points to travel from point A to B in the very near future, that is if their still in business. So in answer to your question.........very shortly.

Have and expensive and costly day.

Archived