Wages for unskilled workers

Guest M. McRae

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest givemeabreak

face facts Longtimer V.... you ARE unskilled labor, that anyone could be retrained to run that stoneage RESIII in about 3 minutes....

Guest givemeabreak

face facts Longtimer V.... you ARE unskilled labor, that anyone could be retrained to run that stoneage RESIII in about 3 minutes....

And people skills? Someone should have video of you guys, then compare it to video of the competition. You can see where alot of the problems lie.

dragon,

You posted this:

I am very confident that if you search my posts, you will clearly find a very respectful tone towards ALL the people I work with, regardless of position or status, I have advocated the importance of TEAM, many times here on the AEF.

When I repost one of your posts slamming my job and the work I do, you tell me to keep searching.

I never worked for P'dub, and I don't know the procedures they used. I know that AC follows gov't regs for DG.

You have told me how your DG course was one day, mine was 4 weeks. We have 4 4inch thick binders full of regs that we must follow.

We consistently receive haz goods for shipment that do not have the proper information attached. Not every shipper understands the DG requirements for air travel, and it is up to the agent to make sure everything is safe, long before the pilot know's it's on board.

As you have worked a 37, do you feel qualified to handle a 747 combi, with 7 UDP, 7 LDP and 4 CONT postions? This is like me saying that because I can get a Cessna 172 off the ground I can managed a 767.

My point is, the experience you had at P'dub with cargo, bears NO resemblance to what is required of me as a Cargo Agent at AC today.

This isn't about money, if you feel I'm overpaid, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. This is about understanding and respecting the work we do. It's my opinion, despite your protests to the contrary and by reading your previous posts that you don't respect my position and responsibilities. I form this opinion from this post of yours:

DG qualified? Pilots get DG training in one day, they have the FINAL responsibility, I would think another 3 or 4 days would finish up the fine print.

Computers? My six year old nephew could figure out a ‘fill in the blanks AWB’ while rippin and burnin a CD.

AVI. Don’t know what that is.

Load bearing? It’s on a graph Malcolm. We did load bearing on the Dash 8, it was a morning course.

You ARE kidding? Thanks for re-affirming for me the extensive training required to be a load agent, consider me educated.

Please show me where in this post you are respectful of my position.

CA

LTV,
I have been on this site for a number of years, I have read the majority of Dragon's posts, we have differed in our opinions at times, but at know time has he ever come across as god like, I have found him humble and honest, he speaks his opinion, and it is exactly that, "his opinion", which he is entitled to, just as you and I, so resorting to insults is rather foolish and childish and leaves you behind the eight ball.
While being a ticket agent has its moments, it is still non skilled labour, there is no requirement for vast amounts of education and training, just as the station attendnants, so you have to look at other operators of these services in the airline industry and their pay, you are better compensated than the other operators are and again so are the station attendants, so it is not unreasonable to expect a reduction in pay to a level equal to those other operators.I wish it were not the case, but unfortunatly it is.

Robert,

Stop it man, I'm starting to get all misty eyed..

Heh, what's your last initial? I'll look you up next time I'm boken down and going nowhere till you bless us certified to continue..

cheers comrade

CA,

We also turned the big Herc, 7 off 7 on, three of us, plus the load master, the Antonov dropped in regularly with drill rod, drill rigs, explosives, 45 gallon drums of oil, D3 CATs and other small stuff as well. When I flew the 3, we used to land on frozen lakes on skis, We used to throw out the timbers, the saws, the pulleys, build our ramps and drive, push, pull, winch, pry the equipment off, re-attach plates to the track, pull the blankets and then takeoff again. More times than not the only guy around to help us was another pilot wannabee [bare commercial, looking for that first break]and an engineer [he was the only one smart enough to build the ramp]. So please, give me a break about the science of loading an airplane, so it is a little different than the 744 but ‘no resemblance’? If you don’t know what we did at P’dub, how are you so certain that there was ‘no resemblance’ to what you do at AC today? How much more difficult could it be? Also, do you think only AC follows TC rules?..

Four week course.. wow, that surprises me [NO sarcasm]. About the 4 4 inch thick binders
of Regs. That’s A LOT of Regs. Are the Regs you
mention not rather contained in the initial part of the document? Are you
sure those binders are not mostly filled with product, PIN numbers, ID,
quantity and special loading procedures?

Anyway, a four week course. The average private pilot license takes three or
four months to complete, that is just the start of years and years of training, courses, airplanes and exams, some in the classroom where a failing grade is an embarrassment and some in the real world where a failing grade is your life every once in a while. So, how long does the Load bearing course take, the
AVI course, the computer course and the rest of the training you do?

Respect? You have a job there. It is an important job that needs to be done
correctly, as do the ticket agents, the rampies, groomers etc. If you think
the level of training and the level of responsibility are similar to an AME
or a pilot then that’s ok with me, I just do not agree. If you think you
should be paid as much as a pilot or more than you do then that’s ok with me
too. Is that trashing your position? Is that being disrespectful? I don’t
think so but heh, it does not sound like you agree with my point of view
either. That’s ok with me as well.

I believe I do respect your position, as I do the Ramp and In-flight too, if
you disagree then we disagree but please spare me your blanket statements.
If you really want to get a feel for my posting style, check out a few, but
not those in response Longtimer V. Personally, I have a very low opinion of LTV and he seems to grad the worst out of me unfortunately. The dialogue and the sentiment has a history and the posts I exchange with him are not representative of my general tone.

This was a quick post as I have to run CA, offer details of your duties any time, I will gladly read with interest.

I apologize for the formatting.

respectfully [really]
dragon

CA,

We also turned the big Herc, 7 off 7 on, three of us, plus the load master, the Antonov dropped in regularly with drill rod, drill rigs, explosives, 45 gallon drums of oil, D3 CATs and other small stuff as well. When I flew the 3, we used to land on frozen lakes on skis, We used to throw out the timbers, the saws, the pulleys, build our ramps and drive, push, pull, winch, pry the equipment off, re-attach plates to the track, pull the blankets and then takeoff again. More times than not the only guy around to help us was another pilot wannabee [bare commercial, looking for that first break]and an engineer [breaking down in the arctic could mean your life, besides, he was the only one smart enough to build the ramp]. So please, give me a break about the science of loading an airplane, it is a little different than the 744 but ‘no resemblance’? If you don’t know what we did at P’dub, how are you so certain that there was ‘no resemblance’ to what you do at AC today? How much more difficult could it be? Also, do you think only AC follows TC rules?..

Four week course.. wow, that surprises me [NO sarcasm]. About the 4 4 inch thick binders
of Regs. That’s A LOT of Regs. Are the Regs you
mention not rather contained in the initial part of the document? Are you
sure those binders are not mostly filled with product, PIN numbers, ID,
quantity and special loading procedures?

Anyway, a four week course. The average private pilot license takes three or
four months to complete, that is just the start of years and years of training, courses, airplanes and exams, some in the classroom where a failing grade is an embarrassment and some in the real world where a failing grade is your life every once in a while. So, how long does the Load bearing course take, the
AVI course, the computer course and the rest of the training you do?

Respect? You have a job there. It is an important job that needs to be done
correctly, as do the ticket agents, the rampies, groomers etc. If you think
the level of training and the level of responsibility are similar to an AME
or a pilot then that’s ok with me, I just do not agree. If you think you
should be paid as much as a pilot or more than you do then that’s ok with me
too. Is that trashing your position? Is that being disrespectful? I don’t
think so but heh, it does not sound like you agree with my point of view
either. That’s ok with me as well.

I believe I do respect your position, as I do the Ramp and In-flight too, if
you disagree then we disagree but please spare me your blanket statements.
If you really want to get a feel for my posting style, check out a few, but
not those in response Longtimer V. Personally, I have a very low opinion of LTV and he seems to grad the worst out of me unfortunately. The dialogue and the sentiment has a history and the posts I exchange with him are not representative of my general tone.

This was a quick post as I have to run CA, offer details of your duties any time, I will gladly read with interest.

I apologize for the formatting.

respectfully [really]
dragon

LTV

Yet another thought provoking master piece, nobody could ever accuse you of inconsistencies in your posts..

Do you think a time will ever come that you just attempt to discuss the issue instead of anything but?..

Fax

I don't think I was that clear now looking back. How about we call it 50/50?

As to the rest of your post. Of course you are correct, I was just speaking to what went into my pocket and yes, that was 12 years ago as well.

Nice chatting with you.

cheers

Archived