Thoughts on concessions

Guest Pat Reid

I was involved in a crash investigation years ago with a small outfit, regardless if the engineer authorizes a production permit, the guy they go after is the guy who signed the book, I have been there, and it was less than enjoyable.
If your job function is what I beleive it is, yes I agree, you are underpaid.My comments to management were directed at execs and upper middle management

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robert,

I am in Management....we did not get back more than the 3.5% rollback, like you say.....as for the millions than can be saved: "management needs to take a very very serious hit, these million dollar perks,bonuses etc etc," & "stock options, bonuses, pos J travel for personal trips, etc etc etc, it all ads up!".....

You clearly do not know what you are talking about and this infuriates me!!!! We do not have stock options (traditional ones a la WS)...we have options for which we are currently losing money on!!!!! We do not get to travel POS J for personal trips....this is simply false!!...what the h*** kind of bonuses are you talking about.....the last time we even got a pay raise was in 2001 prior to our 1 year wage rollback!!! ----Where do you get this kind of stuff???? It only creates a bigger riff between ourselves!!!!! - We need to band together and come up with serious concessions....no offense and don't take this personnally...that 20 cents longevity thing just won't cut the grade in my book!

Boys,
If you read all my posts, you will see that I stated that I was reffering to the execs and upper management, you will also see that I was once in the management ranks and decided to return to the union ranks,so yes I do know what I am talking about.
As to the 20 cent longevity pay, with a few thousand employees receiving 16 dollars every pay for it,the sum adds up to a fair bit, I also stated that I am willing to fore go my 2.5 percent raise, I am also willing to give up my 8 dollars meal credit everytime I work o/t, I am also willing to give up my 30 a month license premium.
AI before you get infuriated, read all my posts!!!!

Archived