Pilot vs Pilot

Guest WA777

Guest WA777

AC and their IR Department are getting just what they wanted...employee vs employee...pilot vs pilot...Jazz vs Mainline....this has been their tactic for such a long time (i.e. divide and conquer)...trouble is, in the end along with all AC employees THEY too will pay the price for such an ignorant and stupid policy....So sad for everyone.....

Guest Shamus

The really sad part is that this was recognized in 1986 by Norm Foster and came to a head in 1994. It was forcastable and ignored.

Sad huh?

Sad? I don't think so. This could have been put away with Picher and it could have been put away with Common Employer. You reap what you sow and we all pay the price.

Over the years I've had many ACPA pilots point out to me that might makes right. Were they representative of the larger group? Probably not, but their voices and their agenda carried the day.

ACPA took a gamble - they gambled that they would always be the stronger group and would always get their way. This isn't over yet - they still might get their way but those gambles don't always payoff - do they?

Guest WA777

You missed the point....this is not about ACPA policy...it is about the way employees were treated by AC Management and IRD at both Mainline and Jazz.......don't forget they also worked their strategy between CAIL and old AC, both F/As and pilots....

Guest WA777

It really is, because IMO Milton has never understood or had much respect for employees, let alone the unions......he has never been able to get everyone rowing in the same direction....if he had, I'm sure we would all have bought him an airplane by now just as Delta employees did years ago.....

I don't think I missed the point at all - if we were one group of pilots we would have shorted out their plan to pit one group against the other. We could have set a precedent for the other employee groups too.

Guest WA777

It really is, because IMO Milton has never understood or had much respect for employees, let alone the unions......he has never been able to get everyone rowing in the same direction....if he had, I'm sure we would all have bought him an airplane by now just as Delta employees did years ago.....simply because they loved their boss and they loved their company....

I don't think seeker missed the point at all. Management certainly assisted in producing this disaster but, isn't it the role of the union to see the train coming and take the necessary steps to ensure you're not hit? Isn't this what Picher was to prevent and didn't the AC pilots take steps that have produced todays result?

Guest WA777

You're focusing on one union and one issue...it goes far beyond that...there are numerous examples in and between all employee groups.

Just as strongly as you can asssure that, had your wishes come true, this situation would never have happened. Only the names would have been different. But that's just my opinion.

Archived