Annoyed..

Kip Powick

As we get older, it has been ascertained, by the younger set, that the elderly spend their time standing on their lawn yelling at clouds....

In my case I don't think that is true, or at least not yet, but...I am annoyed.

BEGINNING OF RANT

1) From where did this expression "Bro" creep in? It seems if an individual does not know your name  they insist on calling you "Bro". I have reached the point where I instinctively answer "I am not your Bro, you can call me by "my name", or "sir", but drop this  "Bro" bull shet.

2) Fake News... Another term that has crept into our langauage and  seems to always be the answer to dialogue that does not fit in with the narrative or opinion  of another person. Using "FAKE NEWS" appears to be easier than actually contradicting a statement with actual facts and or having a civil discussion / argument. Many of those screaming FAKE NEWS are using questionable sources on the Internet as the biblical standard for what they consider as  actual REAL News....and we all know that, very often, the standard and validity  of any information taken from  the internet can be questionable. Another reason for an individual yelling FAKE NEWS is that they don't have a reasonable or factual answer to an opinion that they differ from.

3) Obliquely insulting a person who does not see, or accept, your point of view weakens dialogue and can merely make the poster's comments less meaningful... Every forum on the Internet is there to exchange ideas and pass on information. In the adult world and "parenting world" it is expected that civility and courtesy is at the forefront during a conversation, no matter the difference of opinion.

The reason so much of this questional  verbal diarrhea  is prevelant on forums is because members of the forums  can hide behind a pseudonym,  which is their right, I have no problenm with that but................perhaps some  using a pseudonym should stop and ask themselves "would I talk like this if I was face to face with this other individual?" before they press the POST button.

END OF RANT

Week-end coming so once again I wil drive two hours to watch my grandaughter get about 11 minutes on the ice during another hockey game 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Peterborough store clerk charged after hitting robbery suspect in head with baseball bat

chex_ckws_headshots_300x300_greg-davis.p
By Greg Davis  Global News
Posted January 9, 2024 11:06 am
 Updated January 9, 2024 11:34 am
Peterborough Police Service
Peterborough police charged a store clerk with assault following a robbery on Jan. 5, 2024. The robbery suspect sustained serious head injuries. Global News Peterborough file

DESCREASE ARTICLE FONT SIZE
INCREASE ARTICLE FONT SIZE

A convenience store clerk in Peterborough, Ont., faces an assault charge after striking a robbery suspect with a baseball bat late last week.

70c8fc80

According to the Peterborough Police Service, around 2:30 a.m. on Jan. 5, officers responded to a robbery reported at a store in the area of King and Bethune streets.

Officers learned a clerk was helping a customer when a man entered the store brandishing a baseball bat and demanding money.

Get the latest Calgary news. Sent to your email, every day.

“A struggle ensued and the clerk was struck with the bat before grabbing the bat away from the suspect,” police said.

The suspect fled out of the store. Police say the clerk followed the man outside and then struck him several times with the baseball bat along a nearby sidewalk.

Police on Tuesday reported the man is currently in a Toronto hospital with head injuries. The clerk was treated at the scene by paramedics.

The type of headline some folks believe and do not read the story that it headlines. 

Vancouver Canucks plane briefly veers off taxiway at YVR as team comes home

You could conclude that the aircraft while transporting the Vancouver Canucks ran off the runway but as the story says"

It happened around 9 p.m. Monday after the Canucks had already left the plane.

The Vancouver Airport Authority said the empty aircraft was being moved from the South Terminal to Air Canada’s hangar when both the aircraft and towing equipment left the taxiway and got stuck in the grass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a reminder - this thread is non-aviation and also non-political.  I realize that line is somewhat blurry at times but gender and trans issues definitely fall into the political category.

On 1/9/2024 at 2:59 PM, Malcolm said:

Peterborough store clerk charged after hitting robbery suspect in head with baseball bat

chex_ckws_headshots_300x300_greg-davis.p
By Greg Davis  Global News
Posted January 9, 2024 11:06 am
 Updated January 9, 2024 11:34 am
Peterborough Police Service

Peterborough police charged a store clerk with assault following a robbery on Jan. 5, 2024. The robbery suspect sustained serious head injuries. Global News Peterborough file

DESCREASE ARTICLE FONT SIZE
INCREASE ARTICLE FONT SIZE

A convenience store clerk in Peterborough, Ont., faces an assault charge after striking a robbery suspect with a baseball bat late last week.

70c8fc80

According to the Peterborough Police Service, around 2:30 a.m. on Jan. 5, officers responded to a robbery reported at a store in the area of King and Bethune streets.

Officers learned a clerk was helping a customer when a man entered the store brandishing a baseball bat and demanding money.

Get the latest Calgary news. Sent to your email, every day.

“A struggle ensued and the clerk was struck with the bat before grabbing the bat away from the suspect,” police said.

The suspect fled out of the store. Police say the clerk followed the man outside and then struck him several times with the baseball bat along a nearby sidewalk.

Police on Tuesday reported the man is currently in a Toronto hospital with head injuries. The clerk was treated at the scene by paramedics.

9 hours ago, Seeker said:

When you wonder why it’s now unsafe to wander the streets, remember this video and the legal systems reaction to it.

Edited by Jaydee