Not your typical bird incident

J.O.

Actually dealt with this once in YYZ. The bird had done a couple of trans border legs, we thought about calling CBSA agents as said bird had no documents. Instead, we just opened the F/O sliding window and he escaped. :)

No bird...a cat.

While in MEX a couple of us bought these little reed devices from a street vendor and when blown through  would sound like a cat in mild distress. We were loading up for the midnight departure when we called up the CSD and said we may be delayed as there was a cat in the cockpit and we thought the cat was down amongst the rudder pedals. I asked the CSD to get down on the floor and using a flash light see if she could find the cat. In the meantime the other pilot would blow a bit on the reed device,.

The CSD kept looking as we stifled our laughter but  then another FA walked in and asked what the H... were we doing ??  Couldn't contain the laughter anymore....

The CSD was not impressed but finally saw the humour.....but I only drank water, on the way back to YYZ, and it came from my own personal  bottle !!!

Ahhh...the good old days  when flying, IMO,  was  really fun :P:lol:

Archived